• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Article Forums

Giz someone was saying they were doing an article manager but not sure if it was that one.

This has been discussed before as a way to make XF Pages act as a bloglike forum.

Mod needs to work like this.

1. Create forum, option to create linked Page.
Or vice versa.

2. The two auto same title. Page title = TITLE Forum title = TITLE Comments.
Renameable.

3. Child Pages or linked Pages can be added. They are auto named TITLE_2 TITLE_3 but can be manually renamed. This adds a "More ..." link at the top + bottom of previous Page.
If more forums are added they are auto named TITLE_Comments 2, but can be manually renamed.

4. A link to the Comment forum auto appears top and bottom of the Page.

5. A link to the Page auto appears top and bottom of the linkled forum/s.
This should be centred or otherwise prominent.

6. Page has box for snippet text (option)
which can appear together with the link top bottom of forum/s.

All of which would be much easier to manage if Pages could have a WYSWYG editor.
Still there's the Wordpress bridge - WP Pages do WYSWYG or html. The drawback with WP Pages is that WP Pages don't integrate with the forum hierarchy. They do have Comments though.

I was about to suggest the vb.org-mod-of-the-month-winning "Article Forums" feature before finding this topic using the search feature. I have this feature installed on my vB3, and "Articles" is one of only four links included on my menu for guests, as I want to showcase some content. I wonder how all the articles and comments from my articles forum would transfer over if I did a conversion to xenForo right now, and I also wonder if I would just start a regular forum titled "Articles" and include a link to it on the menu. The problem I see with this is all the categories, which were created by making sub-forums for the "Articles" forum. I guess I would have to settle with adding the category in brackets before the title of each article.

Can someone make an add-on for Xenforo like they have at vBulletin.org?
The add-on i'm looking for specifically is This one. :) Thanks!

xen1.8wayrun.com - the portal seems like it could be an articles engine.

vB articles
282kknd.jpg

As several months have passed now, I wonder if anyone is familiar with an add-on for xenForo more like vBulletin3's "Articles" forum, or if the portal is still the closest there is to that?

Top Bottom