Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress

Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress 1.2.9

No permission to download
Hm, yeah I can see what you mean. Bit surprised by this as this is surely quite a large breaking change, quite a lot of things will use this hook. I'll need to look into how it's supposed to work now.

@mattrogowski I don't know if this will help anyone but created a shortcode to invoke the comments function and included it where I want on the blocks. It worked

PHP:
// Definir el shortcode para llamar a la función comments_template()
function comentarios_shortcode() {
    ob_start();
    comments_template();
    return ob_get_clean();
}
add_shortcode('comentarios', 'comentarios_shortcode');

Maybe you can create a shortcode to use on these circunstances or better, create a block dedicated to the comments section that will be easy to config for users vía editor.

Last edited:
That's not something the plugin would currently be looking to handle, it would need a full XF importer built as it would also need users, threads and forums to be handled too. Would you be interested in a standalone importer that did WP posts to threads, WP comments to posts, and imported users too?

That's not something the plugin would currently be looking to handle, it would need a full XF importer built as it would also need users, threads and forums to be handled too. Would you be interested in a standalone importer that did WP posts to threads, WP comments to posts, and imported users too?
Hi, yes I would. Coming with sites with many WP native comments and looking to fill up the forums with activity and transaction to XF forums (with XF linked threads also embedded/functioning as comments on WP posts).

On this I have also looked at https://xftowp.com/ and was wondering what the differences between your solution and that on are? (just in general terms, not the standalone importer stuff that is the original subject of this thread)

Thanks

Okay, if you submit a ticket on our site and link back to this thread we may be able to help.

In terms of the difference between the plugins, I’m not fully familiar with the feature set of the other one but I know it’s very extensive whereas ours is more lightweight. The other plugin has two way user syncing between XenForo and WordPress, whereas ours doesn’t do that however it also doesn’t actually need WordPress users at all. It has functionality to use the user’s forum session to authenticate them which is how commenting works, but you can also use it for permissions based on user groups. There’s also a counterpart XenForo addon in our Resources package that allows for threads to be embedded as an iframe for commenting.

Hello. I've recently installed this on our WP site and am getting this error: "Failed to connect to your XenForo API. Check your credentials." Our website URL is exactly the same as it reads in the ACP > Setup > Options > Basic options. I have also made sure the API key is correct - it is a super user key and the scopes auth, node:read, thread:read, thread:write are all enabled. The key has also been copied exactly. Can you assist?

Do you have a directory called “api” in the same directory as your forum by any chance? If not, DM me your board URL and the API key and I’ll simulate the API call to see what the response is.

Hello. I've recently installed this on our WP site and am getting this error: "Failed to connect to your XenForo API. Check your credentials." Our website URL is exactly the same as it reads in the ACP > Setup > Options > Basic options. I have also made sure the API key is correct - it is a super user key and the scopes auth, node:read, thread:read, thread:write are all enabled. The key has also been copied exactly. Can you assist?
I just pushed a minor update that changes the API call that's made to verify the connection - it used to call the base /api endpoint, but we found on another site that a legacy API directory I think from an XF1 addon was getting in the way and that request hit the legacy code. I've changed the endpoint to api/index which should avoid that.

I've also added details on whatever the error is to the notice to help with debugging.

So, if you have an "api" directory in your forum root left over from XF1 then it should work now (but you should probably remove that directory). And if that wasn't the cause, it should now give some details on what's wrong (probably some cURL error if the details are definitely correct).

Top Bottom