ArsenalTALK.net

Almost a year on now - wow time flies... we're up to around 30 regular posters and about 20k posts... is that too slow as a development or about right? Forum building is hard!

Today was a good day 400+ posts.

wow! Congratulations! That's a lot of posts for such a small user base. I'm sure if you do a little social media you can bump those numbers even higher.

One question: How did you manage to get your first 10 regular posters? Friends or something else?

wow! Congratulations! That's a lot of posts for such a small user base. I'm sure if you do a little social media you can bump those numbers even higher.

One question: How did you manage to get your first 10 regular posters? Friends or something else?
Yeah friends - we were fed up with the mods on another forum so started our own, so I bought xenforo and got going. Not really sure how to best use social media to get things going... I'm going to start a few things to see if I can push on to a rate to get me to 100k posts by next year.

Nice theme. Liking the red variation used and the dak gradients compliment the red very well. Node Icons look great as does the variety of them which adds to the theme. Not liking the colours left on the categorystrips though, I'd suggest changing the colour and working on that area a little more. There's still other little bits (navigation trigger icon) and other default remnants of the default style lingering but these are minor areas that I'm sure you'll adjust. Nice work. :)

Thanks Shelley
I will get round to changing that title colour- just need to work out how to replicate the shading.
Not sure what you mean by 'navigation trigger icon'

Thanks Shelley
I will get round to changing that title colour- just need to work out how to replicate the shading.
Not sure what you mean by 'navigation trigger icon'

Sorry I should have been more clear. It's the icon that resides inside the breadcrumb to the far right. Perhaps re-color the icon to a more suitable colour to compliment your football team colours which would retain that consistency with the style also.
(Screenshot Below)

Screenshot_16.webp

Looks good.

Only piece of advice I would give, being a massive Gooner (and a member of a number of related sites), I would make the "Transfer Rumours" a node, not a thread.

Sorry I should have been more clear. It's the icon that resides inside the breadcrumb to the far right. Perhaps re-color the icon to a more suitable colour to compliment your football team colours which would retain that consistency with the style also.
(Screenshot Below)

Made quite a few changes to get a more consistent colour scheme, but not sure what option I need for the icon you mention above...

Better. :) There's a blue border still showing under the categorystrip you might want to re-colour.

The icon resides on the xenforo-ui-sprite.png sprite. You'll have to either somehow replace it with a custom icon on the same location or re-colour the existing one through a graphics editor.

Better. :) There's a blue border still showing under the categorystrip you might want to re-colour.

The icon resides on the xenforo-ui-sprite.png sprite. You'll have to either somehow replace it with a custom icon on the same location or re-colour the existing one through a graphics editor.

Thanks,

Yes I tried the category strip with and without a border - without it seemed a little soft so opted for keeping it...

Top Bottom