Argh.. you do the right thing.. and then...

Thanks will have a look at doing that. *fumbles around computer*

I did email them straight back, CCing Activision, I hope there is not some three strikes thing :unsure:

Will see if we still have the receipt and email that too... good idea.

hopefully, the 2 times they've contacted you will be logged into they're system. Couldn't you fax them a copy of your receipt that way they have proof (personally i'd tell them to shove it) and then insist that you've provided proof and have them log proof of purchase on their system?

what kind of modem do you have?
you can normally log into it and not only disable wifi, but set an admin user/pass to keep others from altering the settings.
does this link work for you? http://10.1.1.1

what kind of modem do you have?
you can normally log into it and not only disable wifi, but set an admin user/pass to keep others from altering the settings.
does this link work for you? http://10.1.1.1

What does that do Dieketzer?

It takes me to a log in, like a HT Access log in which says...

A username and password are being requested by http://10.1.1.1. The site says: "DSL-G604T Admin Login"

A username and password are being requested by http://10.1.1.1. The site says: "DSL-G604T Admin Login"
That is the web interface to your router. Try admin/admin. Once in you can poke around to check if the wifi settings are turned on. If they, turn them off and then change the password.

That is the web interface to your router. Try admin/admin. Once in you can poke around to check if the wifi settings are turned on. If they, turn them off and then change the password.

Ahhh, well I tried admin/admin but it failed.

you have the same exact router as me.
click 'wireless' and deselect the 'enable ap' selection box.
then select the 'tools' tab and change the admin passwd.

Ahhh, well I tried admin/admin but it failed.
try user: admin without a passwd.
if that also fails, somebody has set a password then. admin:admin is default.
if necessary you can reset the modem:

2. HOW DO I RESET MY DSL-G604T ROUTER TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS?
- Ensure the router is powered on.
- Use a ballpoint or paper clip to push down the reset button.
Note: Resetting the router to factory default will erase the current configuration settings. To reconfigure your settings, log into the router as outlined in question 1, then run the Setup Wizard.

your modem manual for reference:
http://files.dlink.com.au/Products/DSL-G604T-GenII/QuickInstallGuide/DSL-G604T_C3_QIG_v2.00.pdf

you have the same exact router as me.
click 'wireless' and deselect the 'enable ap' selection box.
then select the 'tools' tab and change the admin passwd.

hahah funny :p

Erm... I hate to be all girly and dumb here.. but where do I do that?

I wasn't able to log in.

hahah funny :p

Erm... I hate to be all girly and dumb here.. but where do I do that?

I wasn't able to log in.
try to login without a password, using username admin.
you may need to ask the family 'who set the passwd?'
you also have the option to reset the modem.

try to login without a password, using username admin.
you may need to ask the family 'who set the passwd?'
you also have the option to reset the modem.

Naww... I tried that didn't work.

I might be girly and dumb with this stuff, but I am pretty sure hubster has set a good strong password.. will have to find out what it is.

Well apparently he didn't - so our friendly neighbourhood ISP thief must have :|

I am worried if I do the reset as outlined in the manul that I won't be able to re configure it and get on the net afterwards.

The manual should tell you how to reconfigure it, if not I'm sure your son can (just supervise him and tell him to set a strong password).

Well apparently he didn't - so our friendly neighbourhood ISP thief must have :|

I am worried if I do the reset as outlined in the manul that I won't be able to re configure it and get on the net afterwards.
if you need to reconfigure there is a wizard that asks you some basic question that can mostly be kept at default values. you may need to know your isp user/pass and thats about it.
which isp do you use?

Happened to me last year only . One morning i was sleeping then my gf shows up with mails and i see this official notice with some lawyers office name and crap when i opened it surprised me big time . It claimed they traced my IP downloading some crap movie never heard before in my life nor i remember what that was lol . It was based on some game . Tried my best to figure out everything but ended up court settle . End of case figured out it was my ex-roommate who downloaded it before he ran away from my Apartment .

End of case figured out it was my ex-roommate who downloaded it before he ran away from my Apartment.
:mad:

It wasn't just a neighbor who came into my network. It was a "bystander" who did. I was minding my own business and I went outside of my home to get some fresh air, until I looked around. I saw an old, red car right in front of my house, from the get-g0 it felt suspicious. So, I decided to watch him for a while I eat, and thought about it. And so, I decided "what the hell is he doing?" I went ahead and unplugged my router and returned to my window... lo and behold he starts slapping his face and gets angry. What are you angry about douchebag!? This ain't your house! :mad: It's my router, it's my connection, it's my property. Stupid loser!

Keeping my composure, I decided to mess with him, taking the router offline and on, on and off, on and off until ...I decided to tell him off. He left, and I went out to pretend I'm going somewhere, but I was double checking his radius park. So, I saw his car again, and he starts smiling. :mad: #@^& you. I ran after his car and he ran away like a scared little baby.

Glad I caught it before he did anything. Still doesn't make it right, though. I hate that crap.

Top Bottom