1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you okay with Google's search result?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by smartpixels, Jul 12, 2013.

1. smartpixels

smartpixels Active Member

2. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

It still finds everything I'm looking for, so I don't care.
  3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

A lot of what it shown is still relevant to the actual search (food ratings, maps to the searched term etc).

I actually use a lot of the new displayed results like ratings and the maps are convenient so I've had no issue. And Google is still much better than Bing or other search engines.
  4. Sola

Sola Active Member

"First they came for..."
  5. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Using ad-blocker, 100% of my screen real estate is organic links ^^
    smartpixels and Brandon Sheley like this.
  6. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

It does what I need it to do. If you can give me a better search engine, by all means do.
  7. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

One thing I'd like to point out though is that for most detailed/technical searches it's ALL organic. Or at the very least the organic results are the majority, take this one for example: https://www.google.com/search?q=dirt+bike+gps

For me personally majority of my keywords are like that.
    intradox likes this.
  8. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

As with DBA, many of my searches are tech/gaming and so it's mostly organic.

All my sites are niches Google does not partake in so I'm good there as well.
    smartpixels and Divvens like this.
  9. smartpixels

smartpixels Active Member

well this discussion is not necessarily about the present scenario as such but the way in which Google is moving. I personally find duckduckgo and bing to be better in terms of results. In case of DuckDuckGo no tracking as a bonus