Are you a Days Gone or Survival Horror fan?

geekgasm

I am working on an unofficial fansite for the PS4-exclusive "Days Gone" video game by Bend Studio. The name of my site is "Days Gone Fan," and XenForo powers it. I need members. I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I need help not only growing this niche community but also, I need help testing the site. I am new to the XF platform, and I am in love with it.

Do you recommend any add-ons? Let me know!

Good job on your website. I like the idea of having tips displayed. Is that an add-on?

You may find my site history add-on useful as it keeps track of milestones and events, although it is a paid add-on. My roles add-on (free) you may find useful as well, as it adds a thread starter tag to show whom started the thread and it displays all the roles members may have on your site.

I am working on an unofficial fansite for the PS4-exclusive "Days Gone" video game by Bend Studio. The name of my site is "Days Gone Fan," and XenForo powers it. I need members. I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I need help not only growing this niche community but also, I need help testing the site. I am new to the XF platform, and I am in love with it.

Do you recommend any add-ons? Let me know!

I think too many people make the "mistake" of starting a forum around just one game. Wouldn't it be better to cover lots of games to give the forum a better chance of getting more members interested in joining.

I think too many people make the "mistake" of starting a forum around just one game. Wouldn't it be better to cover lots of games to give the forum a better chance of getting more members interested in joining.

Depends. A game like League of Legends that evolves over time and has a massive following could work. But in general, probably more likely to get a big crowd for a family of games (e.g. Zelda, Final Fantasy) or genre of games. Not much of a gamer myself but I spawned one and he taught me a surprising amount about the industry before he moved out.

There are plenty of great survival horror games and what I mean by that is, you add other critically aclaimed horror survival titles you will get the same kind of audience conversing/joining/interacting within your community. Limiting to one game and you could be eliminating the vast (survival horror fanbase) from your forum which most certainly share the same interests as you and others in this genre.

I'm a big fan of Ashes of the singularity but I personally wouldn't exclusively base a community around this game since I like the RTS genre so I would add other titles such as Command & Conquer, Homeworld and other amazing titles that a game genre has.

Just my opinion, but I would expand to other titles in the genre and expand your potential audience exponentially. Nice and clean looking site.

Nice website. Look over @Xon 's addons. He's got a range of essentials and enhancement addons.
Thank you, @JoyFreak! I use a lot of @Xon's add-ons as he has fantastic free and premium add-ons. I love your site and logo, by the way!
Good job on your website. I like the idea of having tips displayed. Is that an add-on?

You may find my site history add-on useful as it keeps track of milestones and events, although it is a paid add-on. My roles add-on (free) you may find useful as well, as it adds a thread starter tag to show whom started the thread and it displays all the roles members may have on your site.
Thanks! I am using a premium add-on called [XTR] Random Tips by @XDinc. You can achieve the same result with a text widget, as shown in my "Quotations" sidebar widget.

Not to be harsh but I am surprised you built a site around a lack luster game.
Days Gone was the dark horse of the PS4-exclusive lineup during Sony's 2016 E3 conference. When stacked up against the likes of God of War and Spider-Man, it was ultimately overshadowed. I see a lot of potential in the franchise.
Very subjective. The game reviewed well and was generally well-received. Especially by those who completed it.
Exactly.
I played it as well, and a lot of people, including myself, thought the game was way way to repetative.
When it first came out, it had a lot of issues, but I do think it got better. But, yes, I get it. It could get a bit repetitive. I, however, find it exciting and have beat it three times.
I hope I didn't make a mistake then. However, I'm sure there will be a Days Gone 2. I love Survival Horror games, so I might add other titles to the site.
Depends. A game like League of Legends that evolves over time and has a massive following could work. But in general, probably more likely to get a big crowd for a family of games (e.g. Zelda, Final Fantasy) or genre of games. Not much of a gamer myself but I spawned one and he taught me a surprising amount about the industry before he moved out.
DGFAN is technically a niche site. Days Gone doesn't have a massive fanbase, which I think gives me the freedom to get valuable feedback from people who love the game. And, it also allows me to expand it without a deadline.
There are plenty of great survival horror games and what I mean by that is, you add other critically aclaimed horror survival titles you will get the same kind of audience conversing/joining/interacting within your community. Limiting to one game and you could be eliminating the vast (survival horror fanbase) from your forum which most certainly share the same interests as you and others in this genre.

I'm a big fan of Ashes of the singularity but I personally wouldn't exclusively base a community around this game since I like the RTS genre so I would add other titles such as Command & Conquer, Homeworld and other amazing titles that a game genre has.

Just my opinion, but I would expand to other titles in the genre and expand your potential audience exponentially. Nice and clean looking site.
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. I understand what you wrote, and I considered that before making the site. As mentioned above, I may expand the site also to include other similar games.

Thank you all for your replies. I truly value your input and feedback! Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

Thank you, @JoyFreak! I use a lot of @Xon's add-ons as he has fantastic free and premium add-ons. I love your site and logo, by the way!

Thanks! I am using a premium add-on called [XTR] Random Tips by @XDinc. You can achieve the same result with a text widget, as shown in my "Quotations" sidebar widget.

Days Gone was the dark horse of the PS4-exclusive lineup during Sony's 2016 E3 conference. When stacked up against the likes of God of War and Spider-Man, it was ultimately overshadowed. I see a lot of potential in the franchise.

Exactly.

When it first came out, it had a lot of issues, but I do think it got better. But, yes, I get it. It could get a bit repetitive. I, however, find it exciting and have beat it three times.

I hope I didn't make a mistake then. However, I'm sure there will be a Days Gone 2. I love Survival Horror games, so I might add other titles to the site.

DGFAN is technically a niche site. Days Gone doesn't have a massive fanbase, which I think gives me the freedom to get valuable feedback from people who love the game. And, it also allows me to expand it without a deadline.

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. I understand what you wrote, and I considered that before making the site. As mentioned above, I may expand the site also to include other similar games.

Thank you all for your replies. I truly value your input and feedback! Have a wonderful day and stay safe!
Thank you! Feel free to sign up and spread the love! :)

Top Bottom