Are there any up-to-date XenStaff alternatives?

I would like a nice Staff Page on my site, but the built in one isn't very organized, imo. I went for XenStaff, as I had used it back in 1.1, but now it seems that it is out of date, and support is relatively non-existent for it. My only issue for it now is reordering the groups on the page.

Are there any staff pages you can recommend for sites with more than 2 staff groups? I saw XenUtilities Staff, but it only works for Admin, Mod, and Head Mod.

I would like a nice Staff Page on my site, but the built in one isn't very organized, imo. I went for XenStaff, as I had used it back in 1.1, but now it seems that it is out of date, and support is relatively non-existent for it. My only issue for it now is reordering the groups on the page.

Are there any staff pages you can recommend for sites with more than 2 staff groups? I saw XenUtilities Staff, but it only works for Admin, Mod, and Head Mod.

I'm currently working on a Roster add-on that can completely replace XenStaff, and has a host of features you can use/not use for your staff page. I have no ETA on it, but I am currently working on the Members Tab (when you have it set to point to the Rosters add-on) and the optional sidebar blocks.

Edit: i just created the staff tab, and going to add a quirky description for each staff group... for a simple demo, my site is in my signature.

Last edited:
I'm currently working on a Roster add-on that can completely replace XenStaff, and has a host of features you can use/not use for your staff page. I have no ETA on it, but I am currently working on the Members Tab (when you have it set to point to the Rosters add-on) and the optional sidebar blocks.

Edit: i just created the staff tab, and going to add a quirky description for each staff group... for a simple demo, my site is in my signature.
Wow, that's great! Looks very simple and organized which is superb. Right now we aren't showing the full memberlist because there isn't much of a purpose, so the way yours is organized will work perfect.

Hi Lawrence - it's been a couple of months since this last update. How are you progressing with this feature?

Getting XenStaff to organize isn't terribly hard. Glad to see Lawrence still intends to put something out but personally when I get back to ours I also intend to write something from scratch.

The important one that everyone wants should be done differently than I will show you. Basically we should be sorting by the usergroup style priority. But I cheaped out and instead of that I changed the model\StaffGroups.php to manually sort the groups.

The manual group sorting is done a bit like this:
Code:
            WHERE user_group_id IN (' . $staffgroups . ')
                ORDER BY CASE user_group_id WHEN 18 THEN 1
                 WHEN 5 THEN 2
                 WHEN 17 THEN 3
                 WHEN 19 THEN 4
                 WHEN 16 THEN 5 END
It would probably take 2 minutes to do it the right way I just... lol

To get alphabetical inside the groups I just quickly changed the model\StaffGroupsUserIds.php to "ORDER BY u.username" can't be sure if I had to make any other change there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom