XF 1.5 Are there any redirect/rewrite rule collections for nginx for moving from VB to XF?

sdrothrock

Our forum has moved to a different address but the old one doesn't have access to the DB.

I know there's an add-on for doing this, but the PHP files from that seem to require DB access to valid threads, apparently... so either I'd have to figure out how to get rid of the DB checks, or use nginx rules to redirect traffic with a 301.

Does anyone have any suggestions either way?

If the ids in the source and target URLs are the same then redirects can be setup as pure rewrite rules. If the ids are not the same then an id map is required (stored in the XenForo database).

In either case, if you post an example old and new thread URL then I can provide exact instructions. In the worst case you may need to implement two redirects (one for the change of base URL and one for the id map).

If the ids in the source and target URLs are the same then redirects can be setup as pure rewrite rules. If the ids are not the same then an id map is required (stored in the XenForo database).

In either case, if you post an example old and new thread URL then I can provide exact instructions. In the worst case you may need to implement two redirects (one for the change of base URL and one for the id map).

I actually managed to figure this out myself once I figured out that nginx had a rewritelog option to show what was/wasn't being detected. One of my biggest issues was not knowing that querystrings were processed as $args instead of as part of the URL.

Top Bottom