Are there any addons that make user registration better?

petertdavis

Does anyone know of any addons that are available that make the registration process better? Personally, I think the default way registration works is crap and confuses my members and is causing numerous problems in my communities. I just wanted to check if anyone knew of something existing that addresses these issues before I try to get something custom made.
Thanks!

I want to make the user experience for registering to be better. Currently, the default is to have the page slide down and a login box appear at top when someone clicks the "Sign up Now" button, and that's just dumb. I'd like to see if anyone else has improved upon that.

I want to make the user experience for registering to be better. Currently, the default is to have the page slide down and a login box appear at top when someone clicks the "Sign up Now" button, and that's just dumb. I'd like to see if anyone else has improved upon that.
You can edit the template so that clicking either will automatically bring you to the login page.

How else would you want people to login or register?!

To expand on this, you can even edit the forum home template to include a button for each (one login, one register), divided them up.

You can also include into the sidebar a username and password field, so people can login right there (there is an add-on for that).

Reddit has a good example of a sensible login/signup
A popup overlay was released sometimes ago. Can't seem to find it right now though (recall the author gave it some strange name). Though I imagine it wouldn't be to hard to code it if you can't find it.

Reddit's overlay is not exactly mobile friendly though

Yes, there's that. But I was talking about having the registration and login on the same overlay. Which is what I believe petertdavis is looking for.
Yes, I'm looking for something like that. Something that will avoid making new members hunt for the registration form. And, something that will help them from mistakenly registering with their real name or email address as their username.

Top Bottom