1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are betas upgradeable?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Moddis, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Moddis

Moddis Active Member

Over the weekend I am planning to upgrade a test site to 1.2 from 1.1.4. I know the 1.2 is beta and its says that it is Unsupported but would I still be able to upgrade that beta version when a supported version comes out or will I need to revert back to my previously supportedversion of 1.1.4 and then upgrade?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes. They can be upgraded to new releases. In fact, if you were to install 1.2.o without installing any of the betas, your site would still go through the steps of installing the betas (database changes).

RoldanLT and Moddis like this.
  3. Moddis

Moddis Active Member

Great, sounds easy enough :)

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

@Moddis, note:
    Betas are not suitable for a production environment and shouldn't be deployed to one. Several uses here have had serious issues with upgrading due to add-on capabilities.

5. Moddis

Moddis Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily on my staging site I have not mods installed yet so should be fine:)