Archon - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Russ

Russ submitted a new resource:

Archon - PixelExit.com - Take XenForo vertical

Welcome to Archon... finally.

Live Demo
Purchase

Archon brings a new type of style to XenForo with a vertical navigation setup by default. It's a highly detailed style which is powered by the XenBase Framework giving you hundreds of options to customize your forum even further. The style itself works best with the widget framework installed so you can manage the...

Read more about this resource...

@Russ , this is a brilliant style! I am currently experimenting with it and will make it my new default style once I've finished all adjustments.

A few minor issues:

- the online marker seems to be slightly off on mobile (at least on iPhone 6, see below). It works fine in landscape.

archon01.webp

- also on mobile, with the logo enabled in navigation the social links seem to bleed into the logo (see below, no problems in landscape - bottom screenshot)

archon02.webp

- last but not least, we would like to add a "Recent Posts" link in the top bar right menu. This is what we had in the default style, it also works in Flat Awesome, but not in Archon:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
        <li><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase recent_posts}</a></li>
    </xen:if>

Thanks again, we are looking forward to switching soon. :)

messed around with message_user_info tonight...

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 7.06.12 AM.webp

Moved some elements under the avatar
set avatar holder to auto
added locator from @XFA
added groups badge from @Nobita.Kun
custom field icons manually coded
groups badges SSD
conversation on post bit by @BassMan

something strange tho @Russ ....

Style Properties: Message Elements
Author User Title font size works

but

Author User Name font size doesn't work even tried !important

messed around with message_user_info tonight...

View attachment 147385

Moved some elements under the avatar
set avatar holder to auto
added locator from @XFA
added groups badge from @Nobita.Kun
custom field icons manually coded
groups badges SSD
conversation on post bit by @BassMan

something strange tho @Russ ....

Style Properties: Message Elements
Author User Title font size works

but

Author User Name font size doesn't work even tried !important

I've made some adjustments on our messages for our next XenBase release, this is an oversight at the moment.

For now extra.css:

Code:
.XenBase .message .messageUserBlock a.username { font-size: 16px; }
should change it. We set it to a specific size on horizontal only, I've adjusted this going forward.

@Russ , this is a brilliant style! I am currently experimenting with it and will make it my new default style once I've finished all adjustments.

A few minor issues:

- the online marker seems to be slightly off on mobile (at least on iPhone 6, see below). It works fine in landscape.

View attachment 147376

- also on mobile, with the logo enabled in navigation the social links seem to bleed into the logo (see below, no problems in landscape - bottom screenshot)

View attachment 147378

- last but not least, we would like to add a "Recent Posts" link in the top bar right menu. This is what we had in the default style, it also works in Flat Awesome, but not in Archon:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
        <li><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:phrase recent_posts}</a></li>
    </xen:if>

Thanks again, we are looking forward to switching soon. :)

I'll make a note of this for the next release (online indicator), for now this in extra.css should fix it:

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
   .XenBase.Responsive .messageUserBlock.xbOnlineRegular div.avatarHolder .onlineMarker
   {
       left: 13px;
       top: 2px;
   }
   .Responsive .mainTopLink.xbAccountLink
   {
       display: none !important;
   }
}

The account link isn't enabled out of the box so it appears I need to make an adjustment for that... hiding it in extra.css would fix it for now, I included it in the same media query above.

Every time I try to edit message_user_info it says its out of date , merge wont work either...

message_user_info Custom Version: 1.5.11, Parent Version: 1.5.12

Is your xenforo on 1.5.11 by chance? XF is rather picky with things like this :D, if it is on 1.5.11 can you upgrade your XF.

@Russ you know what would be really great?...

I'm using your category colors, and included last post information and it looks really great see here ... www.mymilitia.com

i want the color theme for each category to remain on the entire site , like new posts, pages, sidebar and etc, how can i force your colors everywhere on my site?

Russ updated Archon - PixelExit.com with a new update entry:

Large XenBase Update

Hello everyone, we're pushing our 1.5.13 updates out today. Once you receive the email you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your licenses area.

This is a rather large XenBase focusing primarily on the back end organization, bug fixes and just a general clean up. We aim to keep each release as easy as possible to upgrade but with this version we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Russ,
Great style! Do you plan on 2.0-ing this bad boy? I hope so.

Thanks

Finn

Hey Finn,

Thank you for the kind words :), we will be bringing a style similar to Archon over to 2.0. Some slight changes here and there but this has always been a favorite of mine.

This looks really great and almost exactly what I was looking for (with nodes would be perfect).

How easy is it to change the colours on the left-hand nav, though?

Also, is it possible to make the left-hand nav static?

I presume a version for xf2 will be a while coming?

EDIT: A better question might be ... would is be possible to have an admin login for a demo to explore the settings?

Last edited:
This looks really great and almost exactly what I was looking for (with nodes would be perfect).

How easy is it to change the colours on the left-hand nav, though?

Also, is it possible to make the left-hand nav static?

I presume a version for xf2 will be a while coming?

EDIT: A better question might be ... would is be possible to have an admin login for a demo to explore the settings?

We have style properties to control the navigations for both the default XF and the vertical nav. Pretty straight forward to change.

Yes, you can stick the entire sidebar, or just stick the navigation portion itself.

I do plan on converting to XF2 eventually as I do love this style quite a bit, but it's not on the initial list of styles we're launching with just as a heads up.

Not quite possible on the demo of the admin section, but if you have any other questions just let me know. I can also provide screenshots of areas as well.

Top Bottom