Arcade Talk

The furthest along at the moment is here:
http://xfarcade.com/

Sadly, it's pretty stalled at the moment (very little work done in 2012), but no one else has shown enough interest to create an alternative (yet).

Hopefully if things progress again on the XF front, there will be a renewed interest on this (not to mention other stalled projects).

Time will tell.

Yeah, the XFArcade does work, but it's as barebones as it gets and it can be a bit of a challenge when first working on it.

The arcade site has been hit and hit hard with spam. I tried and tried to get the admins to do something, but they brushed me off. The problem could have been prevented, now they are going to have to take drastic measures to clean it up.

Hope they have fun with that.

Looks like Kevin finally found out what we've been talking about. The Arcade site is closed for a bit. I wish it hadn't taken such drastic action on my part.

I've been using that arcade live since it was first put out there for people who threw in a donation, it uploads games and records scores and basically works, as simple as it may still be at this point. last time I looked in Ragtek or someone was going to look at adding comments etc, and after that it's been pretty quite for a while now. Kevin if you're reading this, you should consider doing some crowd funding aka: among us, and getting the ball rolling again with one of the stronger developers we have here.

I've been using that arcade live since it was first put out there for people who threw in a donation, it uploads games and records scores and basically works, as simple as it may still be at this point. last time I looked in Ragtek or someone was going to look at adding comments etc, and after that it's been pretty quite for a while now. Kevin if you're reading this, you should consider doing some crowd funding aka: among us, and getting the ball rolling again with one of the stronger developers we have here.
where is it?

To answer some questions...
  • Yes, the XFA site is currently closed and likely will be ongoing.
  • No, it is not closed because of the spam. We got hit like a lot of other sites around the same time but it was only from three accounts. Once I changed the default Spam Management options it took about 30 seconds to clean it all up (would have been less time but I have a curious anomaly doing multiple cleanups in a row where the IP address is shared).
  • Yes, I am hoping that somebody I'm talking to in private will pick up the project and go forward with it.
  • Yes, I've been away from XF.com & most all other forums except my own for quite some time. I will try to catch up on stuff but will realistically miss some items from people.

From only 3 accounts?!? Are you insane? I personally deleted over a hundred spam accounts and I couldn't keep up! Yes, those 3 accounts were the only ones past the spam filter options, but that doesn't mean that there were only 3 spammers.

Dude, I love ya, but that's just wrong information.

From only 3 accounts?!? Are you insane? I personally deleted over a hundred spam accounts and I couldn't keep up! Yes, those 3 accounts were the only ones past the spam filter options, but that doesn't mean that there were only 3 spammers.

Dude, I love ya, but that's just wrong information.
Don't know what to tell ya'; the public messages that were left at the time I closed the site came from three accounts. Cleaning one and then doing a spam cleaner on the next one in a row with the same IP took care of it. If I was online when the spam attacks started I would've closed the site then to prevent it from going further. If you had to handle a bunch of manually, I'm sorry and your efforts are appreciated. In hindsight you should have had my personal contact information like staff members do on my other sites so that they can contact me 24/7 in case of an emergency or problems.

I hear ya. I tried to blizzard your inbox and stuff but was feeling a bit alone.

What was happening was a massive battle against the spammers, but those three accounts got in too many posts before I got to them so they couldn't be cleaned by the spam cleaner without Admin help. I did what I could but eventually I threw up my hands in frustration.

What was happening was a massive battle against the spammers, but those three accounts got in too many posts before I got to them so they couldn't be cleaned by the spam cleaner without Admin help. I did what I could but eventually I threw up my hands in frustration.
To be honest, I was frustrated as heck trying to clean it up at first until I realized I couldn't use the spam cleaner on them because I didn't change the default options. Me = Dunce. :X3: Those spam attacks taught me to change my QA questions on a regular basis and to change the management options on a new install. Longer term, if/as time permits, I'll likely be checking out KeyCaptcha. From reading some of the threads here at XF it seems that people are happy with the results using it.

Top Bottom