Arcade Add-on?

I would love to implement an Arcade add-on for Xenforo.

Of course, it would have to be in HTML5 due to the Flash format being discontinued.

I definitely would pay for this add-on!

This has been suggested before,

This has been suggested before,

Yea, I know. That was suggested almost 6 years ago.

I am reviving this suggestion to gauge any interest of anyone interested in making one in HTML5 format instead of the Flash format.

This was posted in suggestions.

The custom development forum is more appropriate so I have moved the thread.

I would suggest it's incredibly unlikely, shockwave is already dead, flash is being killed off..

HTML5.. Maybe, but given the history of arcade scripts and their legality - I can't see a developer taking it on.

I too would back this. I have seen some HTML5 arcade sites out there and ibparcade is still a forum based arcade that works during these times.

I would suggest it's incredibly unlikely, shockwave is already dead, flash is being killed off..

HTML5.. Maybe, but given the history of arcade scripts and their legality - I can't see a developer taking it on.

I know about Flash being deprecated. That's what I mentioned almost a year ago here >> Post

Be cautious about this.

I implemented this on a vBulletin forum several years ago. members seemed to like the feature, but... posts in the forums droipped off significantly because people were spending their time playing games instead.

Dumped it and I certainly would not install it again.

It's the same with chat addons. You have to decide whether you are looking to increase member numbers online or increase posting (content) to improve your SEO. Games and chat won't help you with search visibility.

Be cautious about this.

I implemented this on a vBulletin forum several years ago. members seemed to like the feature, but... posts in the forums droipped off significantly because people were spending their time playing games instead.

Dumped it and I certainly would not install it again.

It's the same with chat addons. You have to decide whether you are looking to increase member numbers online or increase posting (content) to improve your SEO. Games and chat won't help you with search visibility.
If I were ever gonna do arcade or chat again it would be limited to pay2play, premium membership. 20 bucks a year or some such. Also use it as gratis upgrades to reward staff and loyal members. Keeping the number of those small.

If I were to do an arcade or chat I’d do a pay2play but based off of credits earned from activity on the site. Get credits for posting content, use those credits to play or chat.

I'd second this idea!

Now... back to my original question... is anyone interested in making an HTML5 based Arcade for Xenforo 2?

I'd second this idea!

Now... back to my original question... is anyone interested in making an HTML5 based Arcade for Xenforo 2?
Above my pay grade but I know some people, I'll check around for ya.

What would you think of chat integrated in the arcade?

Chat within the Arcade itself? Nah, I don't that's going to fly because it would distract the users from the games.

Just sating.
When I had the arcade on a big politics board I ran, I had the chat addon also embedded on all arcade pages, the people were chatting it up between games, talking smack and setting up tournaments. Chat addon had separate rooms and one was arcade chat. Always wanted the chat as part of the arcade but I made it work that way.

Same way gamers chat on ps2 and stuff.

Top Bottom