Approval queue thread date

Approval queue thread date [Paid] 1.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Approval queue thread date - Changes approved threads in selected forums to current date and time.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Changes approved threads in selected forums to current date and time.

This add-on is very useful in situations where you have a forum that has new threads...

Read more about this resource...

Does this work only for threads, or also for posts within an existing thread? We have new members post in existing threads, but their post is buried deep in a thread after it's approved. (It can be a few pages back in fast-moving threads.)

I am having the same problem as @Widcat Media.
I have member's posts in existing threads, but their post is buried deep in a thread after it's approved. (It can be a few pages back in fast-moving threads.)

Your add-on has been installed, the options have been configured.
I tried approving posts from the Approval Queue and also tried using the approve post choice from inside the thread.
But these buried posts are still buried.
The date on the posts did not change.

Since @Wildcat Media is having the same problem for some months; we can assume that this add-on does not change the dates on the posts.

If you ever re-look at this issue. Please know this is desperately needed.

I haven't used the add-on yet--I was only asking how it worked, for obvious reasons. 😉

But changing the date of a post could throw off the order of the discussion, so I could see why it might not be updated. But if staff had the option to keep the date the same, or bump it to the date/time it was approved, that could be helpful.

I use another add-on (Change Content Owner or Date by TickTackk) which lets us change the date and time of posts, as well as change the post author, so that is an option as well. It would be an extra step for staff to do so, and seeing how busy one of our forums is, they would possibly forget to do it.

Top Bottom