Appropriate way of creating styles and designing addons

CyberAP

Me and Yoskaldyr started a discussion about custom css in addons. In his opinion it's up to dev to decide how much css he want to include in his addon, also he may use standard colors where he want. I think that dev's should only use css classes in their addons and never use default colors. Also I think that they can use such parameters like float or position but never use border or padding.

Please tell us who is wright or wrong and what is the best way of creating html+css for addon?
What should dev's do for their addons to be compatible with every style. Maybe designers should only use default colors? Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

Regarding the colours, isn't it just enough to use the @ colour property classes from the colour palette?

That will ensure compatibility with every style and design then.

Regarding the colours, isn't it just enough to use the @ colour property classes from the colour palette?

That will ensure compatibility with every style and design then.
Not all styles use semantic design, so colours are messed up in order. Some styles use additional colors which addon will never use because developer doesn't know about them.

Top Bottom