Appropriate to discuss recent news related to high profile developer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haqzore

Is this allowable discussion here on XF?

It is being discussed on TAZ in their "Forum Software" subforum, and as I posted there - I think it's fair for people to know about those they support with their consumer dollars (or with free add-ons, passive advertisement via footer links).

The information could greatly influence whether or not people decide to pay for / use these products, and I personally would rather know & come to my own decision rather than be left in the dark. This is my only intent with asking.

Just curious, so didn't want to post a thread outright.

Last edited:
In the context of what this forum is for, which is primarily a forum for business activity, no it isn't a suitable discussion to be held here.

As with any topic that has the potential to be "highly charged", it wouldn't last long and that would be true whether the persons involved were known to this community or not.

It's a contentious subject regardless of who is involved, and I think the recent posts on TAZ are actually proving my point on that already. Specifically I'm referring to questions regarding the legality or conditions or context which may or may not impact the severity of that particular case -- that is not a subject we need to get involved in here.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of visitors here, being forum admins, are members of TAZ and if they're curious with regards to specifically what we're talking about here then they should go over there and discuss it there if they want to.

The specifics of what we're talking about are not necessarily a banned subject, or anything, I'm just saying that an ongoing discussion about it is better placed there, rather than here.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of visitors here, being forum admins, are members of TAZ and if they're curious with regards to specifically what we're talking about here then they should go over there and discuss it there if they want to.

Except TAZ is somehow broken with their privacy policy link and no matter what I do I get this:

You would have to discuss that with them directly.

TAZ is always full of so much drama it's probably not worth the effort :p

Some factual information directly relevant to XF users does feel like something that should be allowed on here. At least a statement on whether you guys plan to do anything about it.

I tried to post links to the developers' convictions, but I guess xenforo doesn't want that content here
If you've read any of the thread on TAZ, you might understand that the discussion is quite graphic in terms of some of the avenues it is exploring, and at times is becoming quite heated in terms of people's highly differing views. Ultimately it's a "NSFW" discussion that doesn't need to be had in a professional environment.

Some factual information directly relevant to XF users does feel like something that should be allowed on here. At least a statement on whether you guys plan to do anything about it.
For the reasons mentioned above, and yesterday, it's not a discussion that needs to be had here. If you feel compelled to discuss it further then I suggest you resolve whatever issue you're having with their site and discuss it here:

On the subject of whether or not XenForo will be taking any action; no, we won't. We're not in possession of all of the facts, nor do we have any rules or guidelines about what a customer or service provider can or cannot do in their private lives.

It is up to each customer to decide whether not to continue using the developer's products or services and it's up to that developer/service provider to decide whether they continue to offer said products or services.

It is up to each customer to decide whether not to continue using the DragonbyteTech's products or services
I agree. I apologize I didn't see this original thread. I think it's important that this information is available on admin-talk.com or somewhere that is not post read limited.

I will share info in a personal conversation if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom