[AP] Pokedex

[AP] Pokedex [Paid] 2.7.0

No permission to buy (€30.00)
  • Gender rates are inconsistent. Weedle for example just has "Gender rate" listed but Bulbasaur has both Gender rate and Gender (%). Pokémon like Tauros (who have a 100% gender rate for one gender) don't have the Gender rate/Gender sections listed at all.
I'll look into this, it could be a conflict between PokeAPI and Smogon's Pokemon Showdown API (we use both for Abilities, Moves & Pokemon) but it should be solvable.

• The move Burning Jealousy says: "Inflicts regular damage." But this is incorrect, it's a Fire move and can be Super/Not Very Effective.
This is another issue on PokeAPI's end it looks like: https://pokeapi.co/api/v2/move/burning-jealousy
The effect_entries looks like
effect"Inflicts regular damage."
language
name"en"
url"https://pokeapi.co/api/v2/language/9/"
short_effect"Inflicts regular damage with no additional effect."

So I don't think there's much I can do about this one.

• Effect chances seem to not be formatting, here is Discharge for example: "Inflicts regular damage. Has a $effect_chance% chance to paralyze the target."
It definitely should be, but maybe its only parsing in certain instances, so I'll also look into this.

• Alternate forms seem to have 0s for stats, height, and weight (all the Alcremie forms for examples).
I think this is happening when a Pokemon exists in PokeAPI but not Smogon's Showdown one, because the main ones like gigantamax seem to be alright, but the rainbow swirl alcremie etc as you said are all 0. From what i see the stats are missing from PokeAPI so I'm guessing this means they share the same stats as their parent form, but I'll look into it to be sure. If this is the case it'll be easy to fall back to the parent form's stats instead of the 0's & missing rows.

• For the moves listed at the bottom of a Pokémon's Pokédex page, changing the "Generation" dropdown to another gen does not actually show the moves from that generation. For example, for Weedle, it always lists "Electroweb" and "Bug Bite" in the "Past generations" move area. If I change to, say, gen 2 in the right-side "Generation" dropdown, it still only shows those moves (and if I click More they just repeat, which you said is a known issue).

Right now it's using the Smogon data for a Pokemon's "learnset" but they're using odd codes to determine things like generation etc... pretty sure I had it correct a few months ago but maybe I needed to make more changes to adapt to gen 9.
This should be solvable anyway, I may swap over to using PokeAPI instead if it looks like it'd be an easier way to handle learnsets.

Thanks a lot for all these reports, it's not an addon I get a whole lot of feedback on and I'd certainly like it to be as accurate as it can be, so if you spot anything else please let me know.

Hi Just wondering how this integrates into the reactions system?
There should be a "Like" button at the bottom of the top block within each content types page (attached is an example for Pokemon pages)
If its not appearing, double check you have the "Can react to pages" permission set for your usergroup

Attachments

• pokedex reactions.webp
    pokedex reactions.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 4
I see the Thumbs up button to react but its just the standard reactions, not the pokemon like yours shows
those were commissioned for my site, theyre not bundled with the addon. it'll use whatever reactions you have set in your admin panel

Heya @apathy - you don't plan on making something like this for Palworld, do ya? ;)
could be interesting, i do see there's some data dumps on github that can be used.
only problem is i've got a good bit going on atm so i'd only be able to work on it in my free time. if its something you needed pronto then you'd have to hire another developer to have it custom made.

could be interesting, i do see there's some data dumps on github that can be used.
only problem is i've got a good bit going on atm so i'd only be able to work on it in my free time. if its something you needed pronto then you'd have to hire another developer to have it custom made.
Nope, not quickly. But would be nice to have at some point. :)

Top Bottom