[AP] Minimum Characters for Post Count

[AP] Minimum Characters for Post Count 1.1.2

No permission to download

apathy

apathy submitted a new resource:

[AP] Minimum Characters for Post Count - Only increases post count if character count exceeds a specified number.

This addon will stop users post counts from increasing, unless their message length exceeds a number which you can configure in the Admin panel (by default it's 75).

This can be useful if you hire paid posters or do post exchanges, and don't want people to cheese their way with low effort posts.

Read more about this resource...

Hi,

not working, tested with latest xf version.
is there any option i missed?

Regards.

Hi,

not working, tested with latest xf version.
is there any option i missed?

Regards.
It doesn't require any setting up, the only option available is the actual character threshold you want to set - by default, it takes 75 characters in a message before it will increase post count.

It's a pretty basic addon that just takes XF's adjustUserMessageCountIfNeeded function and adds an if statement in it, so I'm kind of surprised it's not working. Are you getting errors or are post counts simply increasing, even if the message is below the character threshold?

met too..
You should always try to provide as much information about as you can when reporting issues.
The good news is that I did realize in my own time things that BBCode, URLs, and newlines would inflate the counter so I'm working on an update that will exclude them from the count check, so hopefully it will solve both of you guys' issues.

The problem of this and other addons like this is, when you use it with XONs contactform to thread-addon.
The solution could be:
  • add fake-test to fill up to needed number of chars in XONs addon or
  • exclude at least one forum from the function of this addon here.

Top Bottom