[AP] Daily Goals

[AP] Daily Goals 2.5.0

No permission to download
Thank you for all your help.

I do have another question. I'm not certain on how often the goal automatically updates. I saw some settings in the events tab, what exactly does each setting need to be set to get the daily goals to automatically update the new goals each day?

Also, is there a way to change the "Members" text to "Sign Ups"?

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help.

I do have another question. I'm not certain on how often the goal automatically updates. I saw some settings in the events tab, what exactly does each setting need to be set to get the daily goals to automatically update the new goals each day?
I can't remember exactly but the progress on each goal should be checked every 5-10 mins, it shouldnt be longer than that.
It shouldn't need any configuration out of the box to do this - the extra options are for disabling certain goals, enabling auto-adjustment of the goal depending on whether it was fulfilled or not, and some other similar things. All a goal needs to run by itself is for:
  • The relevant "Count posts/threads/members made today" jobs should be enabled (they are by default)
  • The relevant "Disable post/thread/member goal" boxes should not be ticked (they are not by default)
  • A user needs to load a page for the "Count posts/threads/members made today" jobs to trigger
If you're asking how to get a different goal each day (so its not say 20 posts every single day), then you want to mess around with the auto-adjustment feature.

Also, is there a way to change the "Members" text to "Sign Ups"?
There are various phrases you can edit in Admin Panel > Appearance > Phrases. Select "[AP] Daily Goals" from the addon drop-down list to filter the list to just phrases from the addon and then change any which have "member" in the ID.

Last edited:
I can't remember exactly but the progress on each goal should be checked every 5-10 mins, it shouldnt be longer than that.
It shouldn't need any configuration out of the box to do this - the extra options are for disabling certain goals, enabling auto-adjustment of the goal depending on whether it was fulfilled or not, and some other similar things. All a goal needs to run by itself is for:
  • The relevant "Count posts/threads/members made today" jobs should be enabled (they are by default)
  • The relevant "Disable post/thread/member goal" boxes should not be ticked (they are not by default)
  • A user needs to load a page for the "Count posts/threads/members made today" jobs to trigger
If you're asking how to get a different goal each day (so its not say 20 posts every single day), then you want to mess around with the auto-adjustment feature.

There are various phrases you can edit in Admin Panel > Appearance > Phrases. Select "[AP] Daily Goals" from the addon drop-down list to filter the list to just phrases from the addon and then change any which have "member" in the ID.
I've selected through all the options under phrases for Daily Goals to change the text "Member" on the bar graph to "New Sign Ups" but I can't find any section that consists of me being able to change this text.

I've selected through all the options under phrases for Daily Goals to change the text "Member" on the bar graph to "New Sign Ups" but I can't find any section that consists of me being able to change this text.
That's one of the only phrases in the whole addon thats currently hardcoded, but it's one of the fixes I've already sorted out for the next update. Hoping to release it tomorrow.

I cannot get the Daily Goals widget to show up. What could I be doing wrong?

The widget should set itself up on installation, so I would make sure you have the correct permissions set, particularly "View Daily Goals widget". Depending on which goals you want to use (post, thread, member registrations, or all 3) you will also need to enable relevant permissions to make their progress bars show up.

I'm sorry...I am lost how to set this up...the permissions and all so it shows up.
Go to admin panel -> groups & permissions > user group permissions
For each group you want to be able to view the widget, click into them, scroll down to "[AP] Daily Goals" and set them to "Yes".

How do I edit the name of the widget so it shows what I put as the name? I want it to say Daily Post Goals.

How do I edit the name of the widget so it shows what I put as the name? I want it to say Daily Post Goals.
If the option isn't there on the widget itself, then I'd personally change the phrase. Go to admin, appearance, languages and phrases and the sort by addon (select this addon) and then hunt for the phrase. You can always revert after if something doesn't work :)

apathy updated [AP] Daily Goals with a new update entry:

This update fixes a potential security vulnerability - all users of this addon are advised to upgrade​

• Various function & template cleanups
  • "Streak" icon in widget header doesnt align to the right on certain themes
  • Fix potential SQL vulnerability involving the "Streak graph range" option (versions affected: v1.6.5 - v2.1.1)
  • Add "noindex" to streaks page

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom