[AP] Daily Goals

[AP] Daily Goals 2.5.0

No permission to download
apathy updated [AP] Daily Goals with a new update entry:

• Remove branding
  • Position percent text directly in center of progress bars, regardless of bar width
  • Add GPLv3 license
  • Use predictive statements in Cron job
  • Support [UW] Forum Comments System
    • Add option to include comments in the post goal
    • Increase post goal count if 1) a comment was made 2) option isnt disabled 3) node id is not excluded
  • Rename ap_progress_bars.less -> ap_dailygoal_progress_bars.less

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suggestion:
Add activity streaks, how many times in succession a goal has been met.

You could also extend it further and have options for auto-incrementing or auto-decreasing a goal depending on how many days it has been met (or not). And even store a "record" of the highest streak for a goal, and the last date of when that streak was achieved.

Hopefully not too much overhead, but food for thought.. 🙂

Suggestion:
Add activity streaks, how many times in succession a goal has been met.

You could also extend it further and have options for auto-incrementing or auto-decreasing a goal depending on how many days it has been met (or not). And even store a "record" of the highest streak for a goal, and the last date of when that streak was achieved.

Hopefully not too much overhead, but food for thought.. 🙂
I like this idea, though as of now I'm not sure of the best way to approach it. I'll have a think over the next while and hopefully I'll get something out sooner rather than later.
EDIT: It's now in the to-do list should you like to follow the progress.

Last edited:

• Create widget "Total streaks"- Create widget "Longest member registration streak"
  • Create widget "Longest thread streak"
  • Create widget "Longest post streak"
  • Create widget position "Daily goal streaks: Sidebar"
  • Create permission group "[AP] Daily Goals" and move all permissions there
  • Create permission "View streaks"
  • Add "View streaks" link to widget foote
  • Midnight reset job has been extended to increase/decrease each goal by X weight if goal streaks are...

Like the add-on, I change the colours to fit my liking however my changes can be seen when not logged in but once a user is logged in the bars change to default? have you seen this happen?
Happens on any browser i try.

Attachments

• logged in.webp
    logged in.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 4
  • not logged in.webp
    not logged in.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 4
Like the add-on, I change the colours to fit my liking however my changes can be seen when not logged in but once a user is logged in the bars change to default? have you seen this happen?
Happens on any browser i try.
I've just checked on my own forum, in my case the bar color itself is the same for both logged in users & guests, however, the percent text is white for guests and orange for logged in users, so I am seeing a similar problem to you. I'll look into it and I'll likely have an update out over the weekend - thanks for the report!

• Create isDelayed() to help account for if the job was triggered past midnight (goal should no longer submit as 0 when posts were made)
  • Add "nofollow" attribute to "View streaks" link
  • Use entity manager to insert to history entity
  • Only count registrations that activated their account
  • Unset simpleCache values when uninstalling
  • Fix Graph range limiting the results outputted in the table (it should only affect the graph)
  • Replace <i> tags...

They should disappear if you disable the "Longest Member Streak" widget, I'll have a fix out in the next update.
Thank you!

I do have a question regarding the daily goal reset time. What time does the daily goals reset? I enabled this addon yesterday, and it's showing the past 3 days, but I'm sort of confused on the timing. Does it go off of the set forum time zone selected in ACP?

Thank you!

I do have a question regarding the daily goal reset time. What time does the daily goals reset? I enabled this addon yesterday, and it's showing the past 3 days, but I'm sort of confused on the timing. Does it go off of the set forum time zone selected in ACP?
It's scheduled to run at 11:57PM UTC but can potentially run later if your forum doesn't get many visitors around that time (Xenforo jobs get triggered on page loads). You can reconfigure the timing in Admin Panel > Tools > Cron entries > "[AP] Daily Goals: Reset Counters at Midnight".

Top Bottom