[AP] Daily Goals

[AP] Daily Goals 2.5.0

No permission to download
Just installed. But seems it doesn't show posts which made today before addon installed...

Just installed. But seems it doesn't show posts which made today before addon installed...
It doesn't calculate the counter from post dates, it just adds +1 to a field in SimpleCache every time a post is made.
I could try and rewrite it in the future to query post dates but my guess is that would probably be too performance heavy on big forums.

It doesn't calculate the counter from post dates, it just adds +1 to a field in SimpleCache every time a post is made.
I could try and rewrite it in the future to query post dates but my guess is that would probably be too performance heavy on big forums.
Alright. Thanks

Please, please, please, give all addons the possibility to work also with XF 2.1. There are still a lot of, specially big forums with a loth of addon, that can´t update to 2.2 in a few days.

Thanks!

I would like to see an ignore forum(s) setting with this. That way admins can set posts from certain forums to not count towards the goal.

Currently this addons counts the posts made in forums where has been set to not count towards forum posts statistics
Thanks for letting me know, I've also noticed that it adds loads to the count if you edit a post, I'll start investigating these tomorrow.

apathy updated [AP] Daily Goal with a new update entry:

This is a hotfix to quickly address some issues that were discovered yesterday. The only known funkiness now is that the counter could decrease by -1 any time a post is deleted, including a post from say 10 years ago.

With this in mind, I feel the best approach for the future will actually be to run a cron entry every 30 minutes or so that queries what posts have dates for that day, and to readjust the counter accordingly. But, I still wanted to get this addon at least decently usable, thus...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This update no longer hooks into the posting process to add +1 to the goal counter, and instead adds a cron job that runs every 10 minutes to count how many posts have been made today based on their timestamps. Therefore, it should fix all known issues, and even include posts made before the addon was installed.

It also adds a permission for viewing the counter.

• Allow admins to choose which nodes will count towards the post & thread goals (suggested by @Ozzy47)
  • Allow admins to choose the color of the progress bars
  • Allow admins to disable post, thread, or member registration goals
  • Add widget and progress bars for the goals (suggested by @Andro)
  • Add daily thread & member registration goals (suggested by @Andro)

Thanks to @Andro for helping test.
  • Rename addon "[AP] Daily Goal" -> "[AP] Daily Goals"
  • Fix missing widget definition description phrase
  • Change widget title "Daily Goal" -> "Daily goals"
  • Add branding
  • Add Progress Bar BG style property
  • Replace Progress Bar color option with style property for theme-specific colors
  • Optimize Thread counting query

Top Bottom