[AP] Additional User Onboarding Tasks

[AP] Additional User Onboarding Tasks 2.0.1

No permission to download

apathy

apathy submitted a new resource:

[AP] Additional User Onboarding Tasks - Provides additional tasks for the User Onboarding addon.

This addon extends [NF] User Onboarding and provides various new tasks. You will need to have the User Onboarding addon installed first before installing this.

Provided tasks​

• User has written an "About you"
  • User has specified a location
  • User has followed another user
  • User has reacted to a post
  • User has reacted to a specific post
  • User is a member of the following primary...

Read more about this resource...

Hi,
Could you add an option for a user to have created a post anywhere on the forum (maybe picking up from number of messages being greater than zero). I know the User Onboarding addon has this for people posting in a particular forum, but just creating a post anywhere would be good too.
Thanks

Hi,
Could you add an option for a user to have created a post anywhere on the forum (maybe picking up from number of messages being greater than zero). I know the User Onboarding addon has this for people posting in a particular forum, but just creating a post anywhere would be good too.
Thanks
Sure thing. I'm currently re-doing my dev environment so it might be a day or two before I get it out, but its on the to-do list.

That would be fantastic!
Thank you.
I'm just after getting a chance to look at this now - the original addon by NixFifty actually has a "User has replied to a thread" already, which is not the same as "User has replied to a specific thread".
The criteria for checking it is slightly different from your suggestion however, it scans the post table for the user's ID, rather than checking if the post count is > 0.

So if you like, I can still take the time to make one that checks the users post count, but it sounds like the pre-existing option should be fine?

Like you say, in the original add on it has “User has replied to a thread” and it also has something like “User has posted in x forum”. What I was after was something along the lines of “User has created a post” which could be fulfilled by the user either creating their own thread or by replying in someone else’s thread. It shouldn’t matter which area of the forum they did this, hence my suggestion of using user post count. Obviously if there is a better way then please do that 👍

Thank you for this @apathy :)

If at some point we could get an option for "User is NOT a member of the following secondary usergroup", that would be nice. We automatically add our new members to a restricted usergroup and would like to add a goal for getting out of it.

Thank you for this @apathy :)

If at some point we could get an option for "User is NOT a member of the following secondary usergroup", that would be nice. We automatically add our new members to a restricted usergroup and would like to add a goal for getting out of it.
No problem, I'll get it done in the next couple of days.

hey just installed these after nix shouted them out. got several recurring server errors

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'message_count' of non-object src/addons/apathy/OnboardingTasks/Condition/MessageCount.php:38

Generated by: Unknown account Jan 30, 2022 at 10:52 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/apathy/OnboardingTasks/Condition/MessageCount.php(38): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/dressedw/...', 38, Array)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): apathy\OnboardingTasks\Condition\MessageCount->apathy\OnboardingTasks\Condition\{closure}(Object(SV\ThreadReplyBanTeeth\XF\Entity\Post))
#2 src/XF.php(959): XF\Extension->fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\Post')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1276): XF::fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\Post')
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1264): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#5 src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php(496): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#6 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(42): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save()
#7 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(135): XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save()
#8 src/XF.php(618): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->XF\Service\Feed\{closure}()
#9 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(143): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#10 src/XF/Service/Feed/Feeder.php(113): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntry(Array)
#11 src/XF/Job/Feeder.php(44): XF\Service\Feed\Feeder->importEntries()
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\Feeder->run(8)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#14 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#15 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#16 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(76) "https://www.dressedwell.net/threads/why-are-you-pissed-off-today.11/page-128"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Joe Link unfortunately I'm having a lot of trouble fulfilling this, perhaps I'm missing something simple but I don't think the original addon was really made to handle "not" scenarios, even when I try work around it I can't get the task to check off automatically, I'm only having success in the batch processing job which triggers when you actually create the task. But since I've had all the other requested tasks completed for a while I can't really hold off on putting out the update any longer.

I'll keep it on my todo list so I'll come back to it every now and then, and hopefully it can make it into a future update - for everyone else who has posted ITT, expect an update later today.

Top Bottom