Anything better than this for Xen under nginx?

Centmin Mod v1.2.3 beta already includes webdav now too according to http://centminmod.com/nginx.html

The additional Nginx modules configured during Nginx install include:

Which is what has happened here I think. My VB4 site runs on MyISAM and as it is still running I don't want to change. What I might do when the time comes is dump the DB from my dev site, shutdown VB4, reconfig the DB server and reimport the data. ...... if that wil work :)

If your using centmin your probably on mariaDB then, in which case uses the percona Xtradb add in, so your xf database should be on innodb anyway.

If your using centmin your probably on mariaDB then, in which case uses the percona Xtradb add in, so your xf database should be on innodb anyway.

Thanks Slavik, will look at adding that into the mix as well. All these changes *should * be fun :)

Sure. No idea why though it uses MyISAM, probably not configured properly, because InnoDB is enabled by default (documentation says it).
If I would guess, it might related to this option in my.cnf : default_storage_engine = InnoDB where you have probably MyISAM.
Anyway, it won't hurt to try Percona, but just wanted to inform you can also keep MariaDB and changing some line in the config file.

Spot on, the default_storage_engine line is set to MyISAM. As above, that will be changing soon. Oh, and I'm not going with Percona, only using their Xtradb module in MariaDB as per Slavik.

Cheers

Just told my users that the beginning of next week will be upgrade time. I opened the test site up to moderators and premium members and didn't get one negative comment, they all likes how easy it was to use etc etc etc. Really looking forward to junking VB4.....

Yup, centmin is my base installer with all the relavent goodies.

Isn't centmin just a source installer? I would question myself this: What am I going to do if I decide to upgrade/uninstall some specific software, how am I going to trace all the scattered files? Personally, I think the only way you should install software in your OS is by using rpm's, there is a reason why all distros offer packages.

Yes, it is. While I would agree with your statement for an experienced use like yourself, for a relatively inexperienced person looking for a great nginx powered server centminmod does everything they need including the ability to setup boiler plate websites. I personally tried the rpm route a couple of times and was never able to get the server to do what it does now with such ease. For me at least centminmod gave me what I wanted without having to spend days fighting with something I don't do every day.

Au contraire, using rpm's is way easier than building everything from source. Much safer also for your server upgrades/maintenance. Centmin is just a shell script, nothing more, it does not make your life easier. One day will come when you will have major issues and have no idea what to do.

Floren, I would have to say each to their own. *In my experience* I had bad luck with rpm based installs and have had better luck with the script. If there is one thing better with the script over rpms I would have to say that it forces me to learn more rather than blindly add things to my server via rpms.

Top Bottom