Anyone work in the component / circuit repair field?

Can you provide the link - everywhere I've found is out of stock and way over that.
I would have to find it again, but think it was a Chinese site and I found it by trying to find the schematic diagram.

This is cheapest I found, but is open box. At the very least you could probably take off the parts. There is another possibility my friend brought up while he looks for things, but Vizio tends to re-use the same components a lot of the time, so you may be able to get the same parts on a different TV board that is more available, thus cheaper.

Thanks @Forsaken

I did a more thorough check and found a blown capacitor further up the chain (C9108), which is likely what caused the resistor to blow.

So now I need 2 components I don't know the exact values of ...

View attachment 262018

I'll probably end up doing what everyone else resorts to - buying a new board and if that doesn't fix it, taking an axe to it and chucking it in a skip (dumpster).
Did a little research with my sources and best I could do is confirm your resistor value.

But I was going to say to check for a bad capacitor and you already did that.
Can you provide the link - everywhere I've found is out of stock and way over that.
Exact match $80 plus $16.25 shipping, Ebay...

Brand new $200...

Thanks.

I'm wary of open box stuff, especially from ebay ... you never know what you're going to get.

I have my eye on another site which has it for a lot lower than $200 - they're expecting stock next week so I'll check back then.

No rush - we have other TVs and it's not like I ever watch it anyway, I don't have the time :LOL:

Thanks.

I'm wary of open box stuff, especially from ebay ... you never know what you're going to get.

I have my eye on another site which has it for a lot lower than $200 - they're expecting stock next week so I'll check back then.

No rush - we have other TVs and it's not like I ever watch it anyway, I don't have the time :LOL:
Just be sure that it's an ADTVF1035AA6. That's the actual part number of the board.

@Brogan, any fix yet?

I'm thinking if you found a photo of high enough resolution of the exact board, you could read the component values from it. But it's rather odd to ask an eBay seller to please zoom in with a macro lens on certain components so you can get the values from them clearly, I'm thinking. 😁

Best of luck on getting 'er fixed, if you haven't done so yet. It's hard to say without a schematic which component blew first. Or if there's another component that drifted enough out of spec to cause these two to overheat, but not enough for that component to have failed itself. That may be one argument to replacing the entire board.

I had a small tube amp fail on me--nothing burned out, but it worked out that the cheap no-name Chinese capacitors drifted so far out of spec that the power supply wouldn't fire up. After replacing them all with Nichicon capacitors, I measured the originals. Just about all were at the bottom of their 20% tolerance range from the nominal value, and the critical one was 25% below nominal value. The Nichicons were well within tolerance.

The board is too badly damaged to attempt a repair without a schematic/circuit diagram.

Several of the capacitors (and resistors) are blown and the values were printed on the side which has burnt out, so impossible to know.

I'll probably end up shelling out about $150 for a new board to see if that fixes it.

If it doesn't I'll take my axe to it ...

Or sell it for parts, whichever is easiest.

Several of the capacitors (and resistors) are blown and the values were printed on the side which has burnt out, so impossible to know.
That makes sense. I figured there would probably be more damage beyond what was visible in your earlier posts.

I once accidentally shorted out the outputs on a power amplifier, which was capable of up to 200 watts per channel. I took it in for a repair--they fixed it under warranty, but mentioned that they did not want to see it ever again for repair. 😁 Apparently so much power went through the one channel that the only things remaining of the transistors were three leads sticking out of the circuit board. And the power transistors of course were blown also.

It's a bit odd to me that tube power amplifiers will have issues if the amp is run as an open circuit (nothing connected to the speaker terminals), yet they can handle short-term shorts without damaging anything. But, it is what it is.

I owned a rare Sony rear-projection HDTV (capable of 720p), and a major issue with their rear projectors is that the optical block overheated and killed one of the three LCD panels, and the polarizing glass that went along with it. One company used to sell refurbished optical blocks and my set worked fine after the replacement, so, a rebuilt module can do well. Fingers crossed you can get more use out of your Visio. 👍

Top Bottom