Add-on Anyone willing to make this one line template edit into an add-on for me?

The Grand Potentate

Its getting real old editing this template every single time I have to update my styles. It involves being taken to the last post in a thread if you've read all the posts already, as opposed to the first post. I dug up this old thread that Mike commented on:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-viewing-oddity.19212/#post-247219

In thread_list_item, you should see this line:

Code:
<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
Change it to (I believe):
Code:
<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', '/unread'}", $thread}"

I have no idea how to make an add-on but I suspect this would be relatively simple. Something that would apply to all the styles, obviously, so I wouldn't have to go through and reedit every single damn one.

Would be willing to pay a few bucks if necessary. Thanks.

To make that into an add-on using the TM system really is overkill.

As posted above, a simple template edit and merge when necessary is the way forward from 1.2.

I hate to sound like a schmuck, but how do you create an edit and merge that you can apply across all your styles? Is there a walkthrough for this?

It depends how you have your styles set up.
Children will inherit the templates of parents, unless the child templates have themselves been modified.

Otherwise you will need to edit for each style.

If it's a third party style, yes you will need to re-edit every time the author releases an update.

If it's a third party style, yes you will need to re-edit every time the author releases an update.

Ok, so then if I have to go through and re-do all the work every time, how is the new system really any different than the old system? I still don't get what you're attempting to get me to do other than go in and edit the template through every style, just like I do already. :(

Top Bottom