1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone using invision 3.1.x and somehow got xenforo to import database?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by togermano, Oct 6, 2010.

1. togermano

togermano Member

2. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

If by any change you have a VBulletin License, you can import IPB into VB and then import VB into XF.
    I am setting up my site currently and will be migrating via Vbulletin around next month.

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you have a vB license then you can go the ImpEx route, using vB as an intermediate to get to xF. Otherwise I imagine that a direct IPB importer will eventually be added.

4. togermano

togermano Member

Is there a "trial" copy ;)

5. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

Lot of people are selling VB licenses for 90-100 bucks, buy one migrate and sell it off after 3 months ;)

6. togermano

togermano Member

I think invision 3.1 is newer then vb 3.8 so I doubt it can import it anyways

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Actually the vB transfer policy was changed. You can only transfer a license one time, ever. So second hand licenses cannot be transferred again.

8. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

I have a vb 4 license and am currently running IPB 3.1.2. I think I am going to wait until there's an importer (which hopefully will be by Gold) so I don't have the 2 step process. I have to figure out a front page/video gallery solution first anyway...

Keep us posted if you do get the double import thing to work.

9. Sagar

Sagar Active Member

Aha I did not know that, wonder what all IB is changing...