1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to install Mumble?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =MGN=RedEagle, Feb 17, 2014.

1. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to install Mumble? Like the Teamspeak alternative?

2. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

The program? It's pretty simple... Just download it, run the exe, add your server info and get going. Dunno about setting up an actual Mumble server.

3. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Setting up the server is just a matter of setting up the config file, picking a port, and installing it. Obviously there is differences in setting up the server on a windows machine vs a linux machine but it is not too difficult, it just needs some time and the ability to follow instructions (as well as the obvious server access).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    mistypants likes this.
  4. =MGN=RedEagle

PM me if anyone knows how to setup on a server :)

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Shared host, VPS or dedicated. Will make a difference between what you can do from the first to the last 2.

6. =MGN=RedEagle

I run one VPS and one BareMetal/Dedicated so which ever is easier.

7. Tracy Perry

It should be a simple matter of installing for the flavor of your OS, configuring it (haven't looked at it, but it is probably fairly easy) and then opening the port up in iptables for communications.
    I think I'll try it on one of my play servers here at the house. Will update once I get it done (right now I'm back to some major volunteer IT work at the local Dr. office again).

8. =MGN=RedEagle

Awesome! Look forward to hearing about it :)

9. Tracy Perry

Curios... running centOS or Debian on your setup? My install will be based upon a Debian system since that is what I always use.

10. =MGN=RedEagle

CentOS
    LAMP.