Anyone know how to download this video ?

Try Real Player and then load again that page. hoovering on the video a Real Player option will come up asking if you want download it.

no.dice.webp

No dice :(
Real player ? Is this 2001 ? :)

Their "kung fu" is unusually strong for a simple video on a "news" or "blog" site.

They're using a combination of things to mask the true videos source and file name. Think of it like a tunnel / proxy. The video per say is not being played on their site, but rather viewed on their site the same way your eyes would view your TV (best way I could explain it metaphorically speaking).

Direct download is not possibly by normal conventional means.... ie... Without seriously bypassing their security.

http://static.lpcdn.ca/lpweb/flash/DelveMoviePlayer.swf?mediaId=2654994564ee43ada01dc8a852eae715

^^ That seems to be the closest direct link you can access it by (without taking it any further).

Video recording from a screen capture seems to be the only "legit" means of saving this onto your computer.

Hey you found the video URL ... better than I did :)
Thanks.
I was able to capture the video with my old Snagit 8 video capture. Turned out pretty good.
Sadly I need a dedicated sound card to capture the audio it seems.
And this journeyman PC ain't cutting it.
I must have a computer with a dedicated sound card somewhere !

Use Stereo Mix if you're got the typical realtek onboard sound card
On one PC I had that option.
But the audio still didn't record.
I only tried my Snagit8 on the PC that had: Use Stereo Mix as an option.
The boss needed it for this AM so I recorded it with my camcorder and the quality was Reasonable.
I can't believe I dont have a computer without a dedicated sound card !
Times certainly have changed.
I used to love buying a SoundBlaster or the like so I didn't have to hear the dreaded PC speaker !

Thanks everyone.

I'll give a few more kicks of the can tonight.
smiley-sad030.gif

They embedded that one pretty deep and my normal method will not work, but I thought I would let you know how I normally snatch a video.

If you use Google Chrom right-click on the page itself and choose 'Inspect Elements'.

Then choose the Network tab.

Then reload the page and watch the objects load. You will find the video file name as the graph keeps moving as it loads.

Right-click over the file name on the left and choose 'Open in New Tab'.

Then Chrome will open a tab, fetch the resource and start downloading the file.

Top Bottom