Anyone Installed XenForo on a Load Balanced Server Configuration?

robdog

* created 2 threads in a row since they were different topics, can merge if you find that needed *

I am going to be deploying a XenForo installation to our server farm across 6 servers with 1 central DB server. I do not think there will be any issues, but I wanted to check to see if anyone else has tried this yet.

Thanks.

I haven't tried that personally. The file system data (attachments and avatars) might be a problem with multiple front ends.
Not really. All you have to do is setup a proper sync system that updates the files in your cluster, instantly. From my experience, remote disk access with NFS or rsync are definitely not performant/efficient, stay away from them. The idea is to make your uploaded file instantly available in all your 5 web servers, for example.

Not really. All you have to do is setup a proper sync system that updates the files in your cluster, instantly. From my experience, remote disk access with NFS or rsync are definitely not performant/efficient, stay away from them. The idea is to make your uploaded file instantly available in all your 5 web servers, for example.

I think that is why I am leaning towards the symbolic links to a mounted hard drive that is shared through all the servers. I will be pushing this to our production environment next week and I will post how it goes. (will make a list of every directory that I linked to the mounted share)

Top Bottom