Anyone else notice this?

---MAD---

Has anyone else started to hate using other forum software due to the lack of standard features here on xF?

I find myself getting lost on vB forums I was very confident using due to their lack of the "alerts" functionality and "watch thread" and "like" button. I also find vB forums in particular very cluttered.

I guess this is a good thing for xF but it's shocking how used to this software I got after only a few weeks using it even though I have been using vB for years...

At first I was a little skeptical about Xenforo, as I'm sure a lot of other people were.
I only found out about Xenforo about a week or two ago and I'm dreading even using my own vBulletin forum.
My first reaction was "Wow, this postbit sucks. *exit window and continue browsing*".
I then come back and actually use the software and realized how better the new style is.

Nothing compares at this point.

In a way, yes. Because although XF has many exclusive features, it also lacks some basic features that other forums have. So it's a give-and-take relationship.

Yup, I've noticed the same thing... I never really thought about previously, but now that I'm working with XF and IPB regularly I've started noticing all the things I don't like about vB... It's the little things, like alerts or "likes" that I miss on other platforms (including IPB) now. Personally, I think vB looks rather dated and cluttered in comparison.

Yup, I've noticed the same thing... I never really thought about previously, but now that I'm working with XF and IPB regularly I've started noticing all the things I don't like about vB... It's the little things, like alerts or "likes" that I miss on other platforms (including IPB) now. Personally, I think vB looks rather dated and cluttered in comparison.
Dated is the perfect way to describe it actually... it's very strange.

Top Bottom