Anyone else here in to distributed computing projects?

-GR-

I have always been in to doing the distributed computing projects. Sometimes it has been off and on whether it was from computer changes or just the electric bill. I did folding@home there for a while and it was alright but could be a pain to setup. Then I have been doing rossetta@home for a long time and may be switching to World Community Grid because of them doing cancer and muscular dystrophy research.

I was just curious to see if anyone else was in to doing the DC projects.

I have always been in to doing the distributed computing projects. Sometimes it has been off and on whether it was from computer changes or just the electric bill. I did folding@home there for a while and it was alright but could be a pain to setup. Then I have been doing rossetta@home for a long time and may be switching to World Community Grid because of them doing cancer and muscular dystrophy research.

I was just curious to see if anyone else was in to doing the DC projects.

I have 2 office networks (150 pcs total) crunching at on WCG for the cancer research.

I have 2 office networks (150 pcs total) crunching at on WCG for the cancer research.

Very nice. I am going to get it set back up on some of the computers here at work along with the ones we have at home. My two main machines should do alright, the work machines are slow as molasses.

Very nice. I am going to get it set back up on some of the computers here at work along with the ones we have at home. My two main machines should do alright, the work machines are slow as molasses.

Every cycle counts (y)

I wish more of the projects would use CPU's but it is only a handful of them that do.

Indeed, GPU power is so very underutilised. A few months back I was experiementing with a GPU based MD5 bruteforcer program, it was actually terrifying how fast it could crack, my overclocked card peaked at around 400 million passwords per second.

To put that in perspective, if you has a password of only uppercase and lowercase characters, 6 characters long, there are a potential of 19,770,609,664 (nearly 20billion) passwords possible.

My GPU would be able to crack that in 50 seconds.

With some of the latest cards, ive seen people claiming to be able to squeeze out 45billion passwords per second.

Top Bottom