Anyone Else Get A Lil Excited When...

DRE

...you see a coder or designer from a competing forum software join Xenforo and start looking around, asking questions as they learn how to do stuff? Some of these people are already really good at what they do but they come over not as wizened expert know-it-alls with no patience, but as brand-spanking noobs trying to figure stuff out like the rest of us.

...you see a coder or designer from a competing forum software join Xenforo and start looking around, asking questions as they learn how to do stuff? Some of these people are already really good at what they do but they come over not as wizened expert know-it-alls with no patience, but as brand-spanking noobs trying to figure stuff out like the rest of us.
I knew a few well respected developers from vBulletin, IPB, and phpBB that are here now. 4 of them use to be not only 3rd party developers, but also core developers for those projects.

I suspect it will be sometime before they even release a free toy, because they're kind of OCD in learning things, and it took them a full year before they released add-ons in their respective projects.... But it will be well worth it once they do.

Be excited @DRE We have a lot to be excited about :)

I knew a few well respected developers from vBulletin, IPB, and phpBB that are here now. 4 of them use to be not only 3rd party developers, but also core developers for those projects.

I suspect it will be sometime before they even release a free toy, because they're kind of OCD in learning things, and it took them a full year before they released add-ons in their respective projects.... But it will be well worth it once they do.

Be excited @DRE We have a lot to be excited about :)
That's really good to hear dude. What kind of projects can we be excited about? Are they just porting their old addons?

That's really good to hear dude. What kind of projects can we be excited about? Are they just porting their old addons?
Unknown really.... The general consensus when I inquired is I'm told (paraphrasing here) they need to learn the system first before they can decided that.

I would like some of them to port over their goodies. I can think of one or two in particular that I'd love to see. But that is each their own call.

Why should we be excited then?
Why ask so many question? :p (joke)

Because these are well known developers who are taking the time to learn XenForo with the intention of all likely hood of developing add-ons for XenForo. The question as to if they will port over their old or start new is the only unclear part.

Hay man, you're the one who started the thread saying you feel excited when you know new people are just around the corner.... Be happy :)

Oh I'm not excited about their addons, just excited that there here as members I guess. I pretty much have most of what I need. I'll be happy if I don't spend another dime.

Oh I'm not excited about their addons, just excited that there here as members I guess. I pretty much have most of what I need. I'll be happy if I don't spend another dime.
Hi. I'm Adam Howard and I am an add-on addict. :ROFLMAO:

I think I could easily replace my name with yours ;) :p

Last edited:
It doesn't really make me exited, but I do like it. Typically I'd expect them to make plugins that were a core feature in their other forum software or simply do the most popular addons on other forum software work with new forum software, I'm not saying that they will or they would, that would just be my expectation. Of course they could release some of the most popular and best plugins that we've ever seen but as well they could also give up and not bother, anything could happen really but it's interesting none the less.

Top Bottom