Any way to upgrade without having to redo all add-ons and templates?

The Grand Potentate

I just upgraded to the branding free version (yay being poor!) and I'm really dreading having to reinstall all add-ons and redo all of the template edits that I've made. Any way to get around all that? I've been busting my hump and don't want to see all my hard work go down the drain.

I just upgraded to the branding free version (yay being poor!) and I'm really dreading having to reinstall all add-ons and redo all of the template edits that I've made. Any way to get around all that? I've been busting my hump and don't want to see all my hard work go down the drain.

What version are you upgrading from, 1.1.3? In that case the add ons will not have to be re-installed. The same goes about the template edits, but make a backup of them for just in case.

Sorry, should have included that. 1.1.4

There's a full edited template backup function? So, if they were to get overwritten, I'd be able to have them all changed back in one shot? Themes and all?

If you bought branding free, you just need to remove the copyright from the footer template. Why you need to reinstall/upgrade (Theres nothing to upgrade)?

I opened a support ticket to ask, and this is what they told me:

To remove the branding, all you need to do is re-upload the XenForo files from your customer area once purchased. No need to re-install.

(Staff)
Hi (name),

If you log into the customer section, under your license, you will see a "Purchase extras/extensions" link. Clicking it will take you to a page to purchase the branding removal.

Once purchased, re-download the XenForo upgrade package (as if you were performing an upgrade to a new XenForo version) and upload the files. Then go to the www.yoururl.com/install page and "Rebuild Core Master Data"

The branding removal should then take effect.​

You shouldn't loose anything, as you just re-upload the XenForo files and Rebuild Core Master Data. You're not upgrading or reinstalling anything.

Top Bottom