XF 1.4 Any way to kick user

mgraham

Have not come up with any search results,

Is there any way to disconnect a user that is logged on the forum, without Banning them?

Or reversing the "Stay Logged In" feature? Some way to force disconnect?

Thanks

I have my own reasons, but for instance a member that is logged in for weeks at a time, nearly indefinite thus far from time of registration. His activity shows 'viewing unknown page' makes me uncomfortable. Id like to just be able to kick or log the user out rather than ban. I dont know if theres something weird going on or what, but it is making me uncomfortable.

I used PHPBB forums for many years, and there was the option to clear all sessions, which would disconnect or log out anyone that was currently logged on. Was hoping for something similar here.

I would change his user settings so he's not visible to forum members:
  • Show online status (uncheck)
  • Show current activity (uncheck)
  • Discouraged (check)

I've done this previously by deleting the user's session from the xf_session_activity table via phpMyadmin; but I have no idea whether that has any knock-on effect, so use at your own risk.

I would change his user settings so he's not visible to forum members:
  • Show online status (uncheck)
  • Show current activity (uncheck)
  • Discouraged (check)

Thanks, I had considered this, however I do not want to be seen as intrusive to the person.

I've done this previously by deleting the user's session from the xf_session_activity table via phpMyadmin; but I have no idea whether that has any knock-on effect, so use at your own risk.

I will have a look into that, thanks.

This would indicate one of your add-ons is not phrasing its location correctly ...

I had this issue with Tapatalk for weeks until they finally fixed it. Though I'm not using it anymore.

And thank you, I had not considered this. I am not sure though, what addon I have that would be viewed as a page.. unknown.

*Thanks for the input folks :)

These are what I currently have installed..

Addons-XF.webp

Its also known that there is an activity alert plugin for chrome that causes a user to be frequently viewing unknown page. It would kind of be like kicking a user off tapatalk and them no longer seeing what's up while they arent on your page. Basically reducing their real activity as well since they might not visit the site when not getting alerts that they have alerts. Think twice before you act.

There is a plugin for chrome. It retrieves a users alerts from your board and displays them on their computer even when they are not browsing your forum. It is known to show a user as viewing unknown page.

If the user cares that much to get alerts from your forum, then preventing this will likely reduce their actual activity within your forum. Something you likely don't actively attempt to accomplish. It would be the same as if you could make one tapatalk user stop getting alerts.

Oh I see. I dont currently have TapTalk that I am aware of installed/enabled on my board though.

And sorry if that came across rude, it wasnt meant to be.. I just didnt understand what you were saying.

Top Bottom