XF 2.2 Any way to disable quoting the whole article?

NandorHUN

Hi!

Is there any way to disable quote for subforums or for articles? Currently it is possible that the user quote a whole article. Any way to disable it?

Currently it is possible that the user quote a whole article. Any way to disable it?
User education strikes me as more productive. Pointing out in the article forum "instructions" that they can highlight the portions they want to respond to and only quote those, for instance (as I did with your post). Mods chiding gently when someone does quote an entire article. Otherwise, you really don't leave any options for people to call attention to a specific passage or issue. Now, if you could stop them from quoting the whole thing but still allow the quoting of highlighted text, sure. But if it requires a blanket "quotes or no quotes", then I see it being more of a problem than what you are trying to fix.

But why not have a "quote" button AND "Reply" buttons. The chiding part, that's not always what people want to do. It's a better UI if no chiding is ever necessary, amiright?

Top Bottom