Any tips on how to get Google Adsense code in navigation?

ArnyVee

I tried adding some test text within some <li> lines within the navigation tab after the 'what's new' code/line, but didn't seem to work. I want to add some Google Adsense text link ads here....

google_nav.webp

Arny i dont think you will be happy with that placement. Im almost positive it will break the UI on mobile devices. I do pretty well with the same link unit right below the sub nav tabs, above the breadcrumbs.

Hmm....you may be right about the mobile. But, maybe I can enable it only on the 'regular' style.

I was going to have a large banner ad above the forums/below breadcrumbs, so didn't want to overload that area and I was trying to think of another placement for the link ads.

It should work fine. Make sure you wrap it in <li>, like this:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
<li>adsense code here</li>

If part of ads will be hidden, remove overflow:hidden; from .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks in navigation.css

Hmm....you may be right about the mobile. But, maybe I can enable it only on the 'regular' style.

I was going to have a large banner ad above the forums/below breadcrumbs, so didn't want to overload that area and I was trying to think of another placement for the link ads.
Hey Arny did you ever implement this? Hows it working for you?

I have not much knowledge about this, but I read in a blog (not in English) a couple of weeks ago that Adsense is not happy about ads that looks like menu. You should be quite sure the users can see it is not part of your site menu.

I have not much knowledge about this, but I read in a blog (not in English) a couple of weeks ago that Adsense is not happy about ads that looks like menu. You should be quite sure the users can see it is not part of your site menu.
Your probably right about that one.. However its odd that if thats the case they would make the link unit in the first place. As its designed to look like a menu item.

The risk, of course, is having your account suspended for click fraud if people do mistake them for navigation links and click away expecting in-site content.

I suppose the key, if you're keeping them in that location, is to differentiate them enough so it's obvious they are Google ad links. (y)

Top Bottom