Any smiley manager improvements in 1.2?

I agree with Shelley on this one, and also add some form of avatar management as well. Coming from "that other software" spoiled me in particular with both manageable via the admin CP. It seems odd that software that pushes the use of some things yet it doesn't offer a way of managing them easily. Definitely a "missing link" that wouldn't clog up the core IMHO.......

I doubt you'll get an official response since nothing has been posted in the HYS forum and those suggestion threads haven't been marked as implemented.

Making administrating a forum easier is almost always a good thing. I'd love to be able to multi-select a butt-load of smilies and drag and drop them into a smiley category of my choice, and them automagically being uploaded.

But making a little noise might move a thought or more for some response or update on that front.
It might but track record shows that they don't really reveal features before release unless its in HYS forum.

Yeah, I don't know whether that is a good or bad thing that I remember Kier saying this.

It would be nice to see something done, anything really since the smiley manager has largely been left untouched and neglected and since there are features which are missing and should be core (mass batch smiley uploading) being a critical feature since tons of users are relying on sql files to save time.

More waiting is required. :)

If there were to be smiley improvements, I would like to see both a bulk upload feature as well as the ability to 'Upload from computer' which uploads the smiley to the specified FTP directory.

If there were to be smiley improvements, I would like to see both a bulk upload feature as well as the ability to 'Upload from computer' which uploads the smiley to the specified FTP directory.

Not everyone uses FTP. Some use SFTP.

Top Bottom