Any marketers out there ? How to make Xenforo "go viral" on release ?

Digital Doctor

Anyone have any cleaver marketing ideas for Xenforo 1.0 stable ?
Sure the product sells itself ... but ... a bit of good marketing always helps :)

Xenforo will go viral.

There's nothing left to do. What Kier, Ashley & Mike have done is exactly what makes people millions of dollars launching products on clickbank.com. The simple steps to making a launch viral. Let's go through how I know this.

Pre-launch

My most successful small scale launches, and the most successful million dollar launches by the big guns, always have a pre launch. They always have a "taste test" before the actual product launches, instead of just launching it out of the gate. If you look at the last, what 6 months of Xenforo you'll see they have done a basic pre launch, using the beta as there "taste test" of the software. They've also gotten the attention of many different websites who are watching the Xenforo project unfold and are ready to buy.

Interest

Things that go viral are because there is heavy interest in them, and people like them. Look at the example of Justin Bieber, some people {not including me} liked his music, and since the right people had an interest in it, he became famous. Now look at the forum world, there are what we would call the "big forums", the forums that have a lot of active members and are making the money. you'll notice that many of them have expressed some interest in using the Xenforo script, and when xenforo launches -- we will see a lot of them switch.

Now remember, most people don't pay & remove the branding. -- Which means, that everybody is going to notice that HEY THIS SITE IS POWERED BY XENFORO!!

Whats there next response going to be? To click the link, and be a "new lead" that in the end could be converted to a purchase on Xenforo.com.

The final aspect is of course robbery.

Yes viral marketing has a lot to do with products being stolen. Even the beta copies of Xenforo have been nulled and made available, but what you will all notice is that Kier doesn't even get upset with the morons on Twitter who tweet @ him to tell him they've stolen his stuff. He's smart. Kier probably knows there going to see it when it launches, and what there essentially doing is building up a launch cycle.

See, the more people that are running Xenforo -- The more publicity.

I would much prefer someone paid for my software then stole it, but they are still advertising "HEY, THIS IS XENFORO", which will in turn send people to this site to possibly purchase. Every good launch has there products stolen, because people want it so bad.

At least, that's my opinion. Hows the Xenforo crowd doing? I've been so busy over the last couple months, to login. I still read some posts, but I didn't have a second to get on here and make one.

Anyways Cheers Guys!

Caleb

Anyone have any cleaver marketing ideas for Xenforo 1.0 stable ?

895028-z707520_large.webp

I agree with Sadikb, it's a brilliant product and a breath of fresh air to use.
The only negative part about buying, is the stupid lawsuit IB has against XF. (Down with IB! :P)

The final aspect is of course robbery.
Adobe Photoshop is the most ubiquitous graphics program out there... it is also the most pirated program on earth. Many have said that this piracy is the reason why it has become so popular. Because it has been so easy to pirate, more people have used it in a personal nature. Then they take this "personal" knowledge and seed it out into a corporate setting; the corporate setting doesn't pirate... they will buy it.

They should pay double rainbow guy to do a xenforo youtube commercial.

xenforo! xenforo! omg omg omg, its starting to look like a gold release! Whooooooooo, what does it mean? Whoooooooo etc etc...

You guys!:p

Yes, XenForo is viral already. So now it is up to the team to start creating more waves in the viral net that has already been cast and to use those waves to increase the size of the net. (viral net = knowledge of the product) The release of 1.0 Gold will most likely make a nice wave and I bet there will be some nice and probably even bigger waves to come. I can't wait!

xenDach

As others have already said above, Xenforo is popular.

Not that hard when you deliver the best quality work combined with solid ambition.

Kier/Mike/Ashley could make a forum about rainbows and I'd follow the herd.

xenforo-traffic-rank-forum-package-xfxpert.webp

I agree with Sadikb, it's a brilliant product and a breath of fresh air to use.
The only negative part about buying, is the stupid lawsuit IB has against XF. (Down with IB! :p)
IMO, 2 things are going to make XF go "viral" with absolutely no help from us.
  1. XF goes GOLD. Just that, is going to bring us a whole new wave of XF family members. :)
  2. Lawsuit gets kicked out of court. *DUCK!* This place is liable to explode.

1. XF goes GOLD. Just that, is going to bring us a whole new wave of XF family members. :)

Exactly i never cared about that issues :P The moment i saw xenforo i just keep on checking updates and features for a while and jumped over the boat without giving it a thought .

For point number 2, just two more days for the jurisdiction decision concerning the US lawsuit . My fingers are crossed the old, hopefully wise, judge will make a smart and correct decision.:D

xenDach

Just have to get VB to put out another of their "stable point releases" the week before. Or maybe get Adrian to do a three page dissertation on "Agile Development" and the corporate art of obfuscation.

Top Bottom