1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas with this?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by gavpeds, Nov 15, 2015.

1. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

ok all I seem to have rather an odd issue going on.
    I am not sure quite how this is happening but just thought I would see if anyone has any ideas.

Basically I have in my header two ad placements one banner ad and one Adsense one above the other (you will see In screenshot) however I seem to be getting another ad pop up between (clean it up) The reason I really need to sort this is that they are a competing forum who in Adsense I have already blocked yet some how their ad is showing in addition to Adsense also under all the ads is also text welcome etc etc which is from there site. Does anyone have any clue how this is getting here? Oddly I seem to only see in when browsing my forum with iPhone

image.png

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

tapatalk??

3. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Oh never thought of that! But surely their ads should only show in tapatalk if it's tapatalk ads?

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put anything past them!

Mr Lucky likes this.
  5. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

True! It's bloody annoying as can't even view source code on stupid iphone

6. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Also if it was Tapatalk would it not show on any device?

7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

It could be using the user agent string or something similar.

gavpeds likes this.
  8. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

God dam Tapatalk. In a way I hope it is that at least I know what it is then.

9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you better but I don't use it so at best it is a guess.

10. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Thanks. Well turned their ad options of in my Tapatalk admin acount but they still seem to be showing after clearing cache etc.
    NOT GOOD

11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

As an aside, @gavpeds, you have a display issue with one of your ads at certain sizes on desktop. Don't know if that could be related. I see lots of ads on the main page... are those being placed with the normal templates, or are you using an add-on?

Screen-Shot-2015-11-15-at-5.36.48-PM.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  12. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

That is odd @Tracy Perry as that adsense ad is responsive. Not just the default responsive ad unit but coded specifically for display sizes. Whats your display size?
    I use an adon for the ads. Suripo ad manager think that's how its spelt anyway.

13. Tracy Perry

Very possible then it is being inserted for mobile by Tapatalk (which would not really surprise me but they shouldn't be serving any ads on the site itself, just through their app).

14. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Hmm OK so just disabled to Tapatalk adon in xenforo admin. Cleared browser cache but ad still shows so maybe not Tapatalk.

15. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Well this morning the ads have stopped showing however this keeps happening they pop up for a while then don't show again.

What concerns me more is this is what there site looks like on mobile. So it almost looks like their site is being injected or something I have no idea what's going on. When I see it come up again I will turn off Adsense and see what happens.
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-08-58-30.png

16. Tracy Perry

What browser and what phone @gavpeds? I'm about to edit this post in a minute and attach what I'm seeing on my iPhone using Chrome. I don't see that add you are showing at all.

IMG_1752.jpg

17. Tracy Perry

And WHICH forum are you referring to @gavpeds?
    You are showing www.cleanitup.co.uk in the second one.. and in the first one you are showing windowcleaningforums.co.uk?
    Which one is supposed to be correct (that is yours and you are having the issue on?

18. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

The windowcleaningforums forum is mine. The second (clean it up) is the offending site. Reason I posted it is that if you look at their mobile version in screen shot it looks just like what is getting shown on my site but getting cut off after the welcome message

19. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

As mentioned, this morning the ads have disaperaed this has happened a few times now. It shows up constantly then suddenly it's gone for a day or two.

20. tapatalk

tapatalk Well-Known Member

Gavpeds - As we posted in our support forum, the ads you reported are not coming from Tapatalk. We do not insert any ads into mobile web pages, ever.