Any Experienced WP User's Here?

Xarcell

I'm having a hard time trying to decide between using xF or WP for my current project. I know it's not logical to compare the two beasts, but in truth my needs are that I need a hybrid of the two and there is no such software. I make styles/themes to look like a hybrid.

I intend to use WP with Buddypress(which I'm wondering if I should have just used bbpress). Speed and stability is most important for this site.

FYI, I do not want a xF/WP bridge and I'm currently using xF with xenPorta. I have set up a WP site and currently experimenting with it. Any pointers or advice anyone can give to help me decide between the 2? How does WP perform in terms of speed?

wordpress: several authors one team limited article
forum (xf): millions of users , a community with millions of threads too :)

What exactly are you trying to do? Because you say that you have xenPorta, and XF already... but what's with the question of WP?

You want a separate website to facilitate visits to your XP/XF site? If so, do it.

I already am doing it with MW3Blog [WP] directing to CODForums [xF].

A huge majority of the content will be content that I write. It is a self-help site for the mind, body, and spirit. So a blog would be just fine. However, I don't want to stop anyone from creating a random discussion in relation to self-help.

Well, if that's the purpose, then I would keep XP/XF. If you want more visitors, use the XP posts as your facebook/twitter link.

Otherwise, you need to think about this... What you plan to accomplish with the setup you're thinking of doing...

- Do you plan on switching software in the future?

- Do you like what you see? Proud of the setup? This is the deciding factor, because if you can't be happy with the setup, or are proud of it... You can't be productive with your writing. Trust me. I would know.

- Do you plan on investing your time and mindshare to that particular project? If not... refer to #2.

It takes a long time for google or any search engine to index your site, so again, think through this.

I am thinking through it as I don't want to switch software in the future. XF is great for making posts, but not really articles. Also, to make it look the way I want it, XF would require the most work by far. Although, XF has everything I need under the hood, but I dread making the style for it. :(

I am thinking through it as I don't want to switch software in the future. XF is great for making posts, but not really articles. Also, to make it look the way I want it, XF would require the most work by far. Although, XF has everything I need under the hood, but I dread making the style for it. :(
xenPorta is like a blog... :) Just advertise those posts. :D

Here's a good example of a xenForo website, a GOOD one, I might add: Team 9000 :D

And if you want a basic design that does exactly what you want: 8WayRun

Top Bottom