Add-on Any examples of adding options to the "Tools" menu? (like 'rebuild attachment thumbnails')

Kevin

For an add-on I'm looking at adding a new option to the "Tools" menu similar to 'rebuild attachment thumbnails' option. I'm likely missing the obvious but would somebody mind pointing me in the right direction of how to add an option there? I've been looking through the XF & XFMG options showing but, really, I'm not having the 'light bulb moment' of how seeing how they're showing up.

I think this is the last piece of the puzzle for what I've been working on. :D I've got my addon creating files that are copies of the attachment images ("thumbnails" or "icons" or "previews" depending on your terminology preferences) but just need a way now of rebuilding the images if any ACP options are changed (like height/width, etc.).

If it's actually the "Rebuild caches" page you want it on, look at the tools_rebuild admin template and add to it with a template modification.

The XFMG is a perfect example of how to add to that page. Look at it's template modifications and templates.

If you want to do it on your own page, you need to add to the Tools menu with the Admin navigation option in the Development section.

look at the tools_rebuild admin template and add to it with a template modification.
I don't think I ever would've thought of looking into to see if it was a template mod. 🤯

Thanks! :) Now that I know how it's being added I can backtrack it from there.

Top Bottom