1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any designer? :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gmaister22, Jan 25, 2015.

1. gmaister22

gmaister22 Active Member

hey guys :)

i'm starting a new forum, and i am of course going to use xenforo :)

anyone kind enough to give me a hand with the logo design?

just mp or reply here ^^

2. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Tell us more about the forum.

drastic likes this.
  3. govtvyanichka

govtvyanichka New Member

You can use platforms with designers. You can just tell them what you want,(write the brief),, decide what budget you have and then you will get results :) for example, you can get it here or see how it works: www.designcontest.com/logo-design/ Good luck ;)

4. drastic

drastic Well-Known Member

designcontest.com site seems to have a $275 minimum.

you can use freelancer.com and set your own price, get something decent for a small project for a much cheaper rate. sometimes you get lucky on a cheap contest and a good designer does something awesome for you, then you can keep in contact with that designer.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  5. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

6. drastic

Another option is https://99designs.com/readymade/logos - they have premade logos for $99 that you can have edited - but they're very nice looking and not scraped together in a few minutes.

Of course, if you spend $5 at fivver, it's not like you lost much! You could get lucky!!

Let us know how it comes out - and if you find a good designer at fivver, make sure you bring them here or share their link!!

7. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I've done the fivver thing a couple of times and have been for the most part very pleased. My only gripe is if I wanted the .psd file I had to usually pay another $15-20 for it so it's not really a $5 logo anymore. Still for $20-25 if you want the .psd it's not that bad considering some places would be well over that.

8. drastic

yeah, my thing is that you can pay $20-$50 on freelancer contests and get 20-50 different logos, pick the one you want, and you get the images/psd/everything. you just get a lot of options by doing a contest rather than one or two samples and you're stuck. plus it's fun to see all the contestants submit their idea of what would look good. sometimes you get a few good ones and actually have a hard time deciding!

some places start at nearly $300 for a logo, which is fine if you're a bigger business, but when you're just starting out, something simple always works fine.

fivver should rename itself to twentyfivver...

Ernest L. Defoe likes this.
  9. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you there.