Any Black Friday or Christmas offer 2014?

Hello :)

Would be nice a discount for Friday Black Friday or Christmas offer 2014?

104p05f_th.png

Regards,
Exter

i must create an account for post. the account may have been created today or tomorrow. but someday had to happen. i prefer to request discount and not risk my site to a nulled xenforo. Where is the problem?
I think it's funny :)
If you check other similar threads you will notice XenForo has never offered a discount except if you buy many licences.

I think it's funny :)
If you check other similar threads you will notice XenForo has never offered a discount except if you buy many licences.

Well, there's a first time for everything! I think it was a fair question. Tons of businesses have a Black Friday deal, as does a competitor to this business. If they have a discount, they may get more sales and they'll make it back in renewal fees on the extra sales. But hey, it's not my business :p

If they have a discount, they may get more sales
This is the point. A XenForo licence is really cheap compared with other forum software like IPB or vBulletin and the software is really good to be sold in less price. Actually I don't think a black friday discount will be a good idea because many potential customers may wait until next year to buy a licence and this wouldn't be good. I think this no-discounts policy (remember there are no discounts for 1 licence only) helps to keep the sales volume stable during the whole year.

I guess. But as a potential buyer who is looking at moving over from vb, the offer of a 'discount, today only' would probably force my hand to sign up on that day (I upgraded to vb5 before a set date for the discount). As it is, although I still like the idea of moving to XF, I'll probably procrastinate for a while, and who knows, maybe even abandon the XF idea. Temptation and offers are great, great marketing tools.

English Company that distributed worldwide and used in different languages. then there is no room for classism
Will there be some unplanned ones then?

However, XF doesn't need a discount... Cheap enough as it is. Also, Black Friday is an American thing*... XenForo Ltd. is an English company.

*Although looking at the various shops you wouldn't know it...

I have an idea. Let's raise the price to $280 and give 50% off. Win-Win situation.
Compared to other forum softwares, I think $140 for a license is just ridiculous compared to the product you get. The price hasn't went up for 4 years? I guess XF 2.0 is going to change that, and I'm pretty sure no one is going to complain.

Compared to other forum softwares, I think $140 for a license is just ridiculous compared to the product you get. The price hasn't went up for 4 years? I guess XF 2.0 is going to change that, and I'm pretty sure no one is going to complain.

I agree with that. Great price already. Would love to know a bit more about 2.0 CMS Articles/Homepage would be great.

I used to swear by vBulletin. I've been using it for around 6 years and the XF experience is far superior.

The price is unbeatable and the software is great. In fact, I would've gladly paid double had the license cost that much.

If I were you I would purchase it now before the inevitable price hike!

Hi Rolex, my post was purely theoretical in the context of this thread. I'm definitely a convert, it's just working out the interior monologue re making the move TBH a few dollars here and there is neither here nor there, my point was that a "now, or" focuses the mind, especially where $$ are concerned.

For example, the big "what if" right now is not only the conversion, but the possibility that 2.0 is a real game changer in terms of purchased mods/themes etc.

Decisions, decisions :)

Hi Rolex, my post was purely theoretical in the context of this thread. I'm definitely a convert, it's just working out the interior monologue re making the move TBH a few dollars here and there is neither here nor there, my point was that a "now, or" focuses the mind, especially where $$ are concerned.

For example, the big "what if" right now is not only the conversion, but the possibility that 2.0 is a real game changer in terms of purchased mods/themes etc.

Decisions, decisions :)

Hi there, I completely understand where you're coming from. Marketing is marketing is marketing, people love the idea of purchasing something at a discount even if negligible. Obviously a couple bucks here or there won't break anyone's bank. A forum requires lots of time and time is money. Sure, doing a small sale would attract customers but future potential customers may wait for the 'next sale' even if it may never come. Ever notice some shoppers say "I'll wait for it to come on sale again." I guess it creates sort of an equilibrium with new customers and those who are waiting. Anyway, I was just stating my personal opinion. The price is extremely competitive to begin with and if someone is going to skip out on XF over a few bucks, their loss!

As for 2.0 who knows when it's going to come out, AFAIK the when isn't set it stone yet. Most mods here come with one year of updates so I guess whether or not to wait is up to you. Sure a few bucks may sway you to purchase right now but why not keep things simple? Life's short! Purchase now and be done with it ;)

Top Bottom