Any Bird Lovers here ?

iTuN3r

Just wondering if there are other bird lovers around here who has them as pet specially African Grey Parrot . Me & My other half decided to add new member to the family . So kind of new to them if anyone can suggest /throw some pointers on handling them in good way ,Kind of foods they like , ways to keep them playing (not get bored) .

Bird i am getting is from breeders she is already 18month old .

grey.webp

Thanks

My step mom has birds. She has had a couple of parrots. Not sure what kind.

I think owls are awesome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My step mom has birds. She has had a couple of parrots. Not sure what kind.

I think owls are awesome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Owls are great i used to have one of those during 9/10th grade . Someone stole it when i was out with some friends.

Nice birdie,get it!
...with another.(Opposite sex)

Two are way expensive probably after a while i will get another one .

Owls are very beautiful looking Birds. I think for pure eye candy, from the owl family the Barn Owl for me wins it. We regularly see a pair of them perching on the trees since we live near woodland.

barn_owl_lg.webp

We have too many gorgeous wild birds here to ever consider having one as a pet.

But glad you are enjoying the new member of your family :) I would have gotten another dog myself! :D

We have too many gorgeous wild birds here to ever consider having one as a pet.

But glad you are enjoying the new member of your family :) I would have gotten another dog myself! :D
Its difficult in an apartment but as soon as I move into a house, I might get one more dog.

I have a cockatiel who I've lovingly named, Phoenix :)

I still remember when I taught him how to fly. I've also taught him how to whistle "girl call" (don't exactly know if that "tune" actually has a name, but close enough). He can also whistle Star Wars - Empire Theme Song, Natural Geographic Theme Song, and Happy Birthday.

I'm still trying to teach him Auld Lang Syne (for those who do not know, that's the song they play during New Years). And I'm also trying to teach him to sing an old clock tune.

Oh well going around and round talks with breeder someone contacted me this morning about Adopting his Greys this morning since he can't have them on his apartment anymore . So looks like i will have both male/females with cage .

Here's the pic of babies i am adopting :)They will be home soon . Will keep everyone updated how it goes . I know my dogs will be pissed since attention is going to birds for a while .

grey2.webp

grey3.webp

grey4.webp

grey5.webp

Be mindful of how your dogs may interact with your new feather friends. Some dogs can be aggressive toward birds, almost cat like (yes, some dogs will eat some birds)

I have a cockatiel who I've lovingly named, Phoenix :)

I still remember when I taught him how to fly. I've also taught him how to whistle "girl call" (don't exactly know if that "tune" actually has a name, but close enough). He can also whistle Star Wars - Empire Theme Song, Natural Geographic Theme Song, and Happy Birthday.

I'm still trying to teach him Auld Lang Syne (for those who do not know, that's the song they play during New Years). And I'm also trying to teach him to sing an old clock tune.

Share some pics ? I will be making several Videos while training my birds to talk . Been following few channels on youtube these birds are great and smart .

About three years ago my GF had so many birds i wanted to put a gun to my head.. Some of the larger ones like the Macaws could be heard a half a block away.. We still have three different species of bird in the house but the big ones are gone and i dont miss em even a little bit..

We have an African grey called Jack. He's 8 years old.

His volcabulary includes:
- Singing the Micky Mouse march
- Singing Somewhere over the rainbow
- Singing the Super Mario Bros. theme tune
- Meowing
- Barking
- Calling the cats and dog's name
- A LOT of swear words

He also has phonecalls with himself. He'll ring, then start both sides of the conversation, talk in 2 different voices for a few minutes, laugh, and then say "Ok, I'll talk you you later...bye" and then beeps to put the phone down.

Oh and he dances pretty well too.

I love African Grey's - they are so intelligent.

I don't know about CAG's but i have trained some other kind of Parrots . You just have to be Patience and they are great learners they pick up fast.
A single bird is boring, easy to train.
BIRDS are busy with each other,they don't want to learn from you.

Top Bottom