Any Addonchat users?

I am very interested in this as well. Please keep us updated as I think this feature would add a lot of "stickiness" to the site once it's integrated in properly.

It's here.
The online link is in our forum at:
http://www.addoninteractive.net/index.php?/topic/4615-xenforo-1x-add-on-official
Please report installation problems, general use issues and/or feature requests to support@addonchat.com.

:)

This is great to hear! Can you provide some screenshots of the admin panels/features and examples of how the chat room looks in the xenforo environment? Also, is the chat integrated into the alerts system? I'm curious how you handle it if someone is in the chat room and gets a message but is also browsing the site forums (in another window). And how private messages are handled while in chat, are they sent via the Xenforo system?

The install had some issues, I couldn't get Account Lookup to work, kept getting an error:

Code:
Fatal error: Class 'addonChat_Utility' not found in /XXXXXXXXXX/library/AddonChat/Base.php on line 66

However, once I manually entered my settings, everything began to work!

account.webp Account Setup

appletsettings.webp Applet Settings

forumsettings.webp Forum Settings

chatroom.webp Chat Room

PS: Also, I can't get "Enable Remote Authentication" or the Inline Control Panel to function...

Very disappointed in the support center at AddonChat, no response to my ticket since Wednesday. I was forced to return to the "temporary" solution provided at their forum. I'm up for renewal, but may end up finding a different solution after this....

Very disappointed in the support center at AddonChat, no response to my ticket since Wednesday. I was forced to return to the "temporary" solution provided at their forum. I'm up for renewal, but may end up finding a different solution after this....

Have you heard back at all? I am getting the same exact error

Have you heard back at all? I am getting the same exact error

Yes, it took 5 days for them to respond, but unfortunately they didn't yet provide a solution. I'm currently using the original patch version for now. Still not sure if I'm going to stick with it or switch to a different service, I'm on month-to-month billing at the moment...

Having tested AddonChat with a few of my regulars this afternoon I'm considering going for the Enterprise version - does the XF add-on work and integrate with the userbase properly now?

And does AddonChat inherit your XF site styling?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

I got the latest version of the addonchat client to work with their plugin. If you are still have problems, let me know.

I got the latest version of the addonchat client to work with their plugin. If you are still have problems, let me know.

Thanks. I haven't got around to finalising which chat software I'm going to use yet, but I'm leaning towards AddonChat as it's most akin to the IP.Chat product we had before.

The install had some issues, I couldn't get Account Lookup to work, kept getting an error:

Code:
Fatal error: Class 'addonChat_Utility' not found in /XXXXXXXXXX/library/AddonChat/Base.php on line 66

However, once I manually entered my settings, everything began to work!

PS: Also, I can't get "Enable Remote Authentication" or the Inline Control Panel to function...

I fixed Account Lookup by copying the contents of Utility.php to the top of Base.php, file attached.

Please don't post templates or files in the Off Topic forum as it is not the appropriate place to do so.

Ok guys why wouldn't you try this one
http://www.tufat.com/s_flash_chat_chatroom.htm
it work both faster and better than all the addons i've seen till now .
and i'm sure it integration is very easy for those with the basic knowledge
it looks pontifical work fast and it is almost totally free

or this one

http://prochatrooms.com/
better than the first one but not free . also not expensive

these two sites are REAL chat room

alot of people will be grateful for whomever start working on them .
an addon that uses either of these two sites will be extremely poplar in no time.

I think it's really up to the developer to create a XenForo add-on for their chat software. The XF community shouldn't be responsible for it.

Have you tried contacting those chat software developers to see if they offer an XF add-on or whether they are considering writing one? Perhaps you could suggest it to them.

Please don't post templates or files in the Off Topic forum as it is not the appropriate place to do so.

I didn't see this until just now since you didn't quote me and I'm not subscribed to this thread. Sorry, was just trying to help.

I think it's really up to the developer to create a XenForo add-on for their chat software. The XF community shouldn't be responsible for it.

Have you tried contacting those chat software developers to see if they offer an XF add-on or whether they are considering writing one? Perhaps you could suggest it to them.

They do have an official addon, but whoever developed it for them did a piss poor job and the auto lookup to fill in account details doesn't work. My fix is still valid though:

I fixed Account Lookup by copying the contents of Utility.php to the top of Base.php, file attached.

...Even if Borgan did delete my file ;)

Top Bottom