Add-on Any add-on that would eliminate archive threads?

dehness

I have several threads on my forum that basically act as archives for people to post in. These threads have 77, 286, and 440 pages each. The last couple of pages of each thread contain useful information, but people also tend to post in them a bit much, as they are easy to farm post count from.

In addition, they're just plain ugly to have as stickies in such a popular forum (but necessary).

Is there any add-ons that allow for cleaning up this kind of functionality. I personally can't think of how to do that or I'd be looking for that specific add-on. But has anyone else managed to achieve this?

What are you looking to do exactly?
If you want to retain the useful posts you could split them off to new threads.

Okay so these are the threads I'm talking about: Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 9.50.12 pm.webp

The posts in them are only relevant for a limited time and not important enough to warrant their own threads. I was hoping there would be some kind of cross between a wiki and a regular thread, like "user notes" or something like that that would allow for users to post in and archive, without actually posting.

Either that or some other way to clean up the way we're doing it now. I'm sure other people have had this same issue.

The way we do it here is we have an announcement thread, which is locked, with a link to a discussion thread.

Top Bottom