Anxious for more 1.2 Styles to come out or be compatible!

surfsup

Looking forward to many of the previous styles to be updated to 1.2 or atleast see some new designs rolling in!

I am starting up a few other forums and need a few to roll with ;)

I've not noticed a shortage of 1.2 compatible styles myself (not saying there aren't any) just the stylers I follow have been updating their styles to 1.2 . Are there any particular stylers/styles your waiting for to be updated to 1.2? I have to admit i'm not very active in the style resource area so unsure but know enough the stylers I follow have been updating their styles.

I would imagine that any new styles in the works for 1.2 won't go up for release until 1.2 is out of beta - with the possibility of changes between now and a gold release, updating and supporting new styles for 1.2 will be easier once it's gold.

We're kind of on hold simply because of how fast KMA are working. Four betas(Beta 2-3 was in the same day nevertheless) in the time span of June 19th through July 2nd.

With that said our styles are basically updated(I'm just bug finding now) however... I've learned my lesson in posting updates on a Saturday through Tuesday early in the morning(before a usual XF update haha)

I've not noticed a shortage of 1.2 compatible styles myself (not saying there aren't any) just the stylers I follow have been updating their styles to 1.2 . Are there any particular stylers/styles your waiting for to be updated to 1.2? I have to admit i'm not very active in the style resource area so unsure but know enough the stylers I follow have been updating their styles.

There haven't been any updates to the paid ones, and only approx 13 have been updated to 1.2 overall, the majority by @Qwk86gn

There haven't been any updates to the paid ones, and only approx 13 have been updated to 1.2 overall, the majority by @Qwk86gn

Ah right. I'm almost sure i seen some 1.2 updates by @John for some of his styles. I'd need to go check.

Edit: Yeah you're correct. I thought there were more updates of styles to 1.2 than there actually were.

Last edited:
It would be bad business to convert/release/support paid styles for a beta version. I know the software is moving along nicely and is what many would consider "stable" now, but there are too many unknowns, still, between what we have now and the final release. I can't speak for others, but I will say that I'm making preparations to be able to offer updated versions of my products as soon as possible after 1.2 is declared stable...but I would also mention that 1.2 is a major update and many of us have complicated styles that will have to practically be re-written from scratch...so, just a little reality check is in order, I think. ;)

so, just a little reality check is in order, I think. ;)

I'm not sure anyone moaned about the lack of... the OP posted only that he was looking forward to, or seeing the new designs. Not sure there is a need for a reality check though. I thought his post was very complimentary actually, I know quite a few people looking forward to the new styles as well as seeing many updated. Myself included. I cannot wait to start on some projects with the new looks.

I'm not sure anyone moaned about the lack of... the OP posted only that he was looking forward to, or seeing the new designs. Not sure there is a need for a reality check though. I thought his post was very complimentary actually, I know quite a few people looking forward to the new styles as well as seeing many updated. Myself included. I cannot wait to start on some projects with the new looks.
I didn't mean to imply people are "moaning", but I have been directly approached by many who think I should be releasing styles now, for 1.2, and have seen it talked about at various places, including here (the title of this thread implies just that). All that is fine, and I understand the reasons for it (I'm looking forward to getting things out for 1.2 soon, too!), however I think a reality check is indeed in order to put people's expectations in line with what the situation actually is. ;)

Last edited:
My post wasn't directed towards the OP. None the less, I have been directly approached by many who think I should be releasing styles now, for 1.2, and have seen it implied at various places, including here. All that is fine, and I understand the reasons for it, however I think a reality check is indeed in order to put people's expectations in line with what the situation actually is. ;)

I must be confused. I don't see anyone implying they should be updated in this thread, unless you consider the last sentence by the OP as implying. It is a massive change from 1.1.5 to 1.2.

If you are saying I am implying anything, by saying I look forward to them being updated, then that is on you. I own several license's to the themes, and I love to mess around with them. I'm certainly not in any rush, nor do I expect anyone I have purchased anything from to rush.

Either way, I do look forward to many add-ons and themes being updated (again, not implying anything ;))

I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else. I was just giving a perspective from a commercial skin provider, nothing more. Now, I'm off to spend some time with my grill, ya'll have a good weekend!

Top Bottom