AnxietyForums.org

Lee

I'd like to take a few moments to introduce AnxietyForums.org

The goal of the forum is to connect people with Anxiety Disorders and build supportive and healthy friendships with people who know what it is like to live with Anxiety.

1691580248653.png

We have a few bespoke features, that we feel will benefit our community.

We have a thought journal for keeping a "diary". These entries can either be private or public and can be shared to a thread to receive support:
1691580335480.png

The support thread:

1691580406485.png

And we have an anxiety tracker, which can be used to monitor trends with anxiety and identify triggers and coping mechanisms that work:

1691580469788.png

Again, this can be shared to a thread and made public for support:

1691580530040.png

I would like to extend a massive thanks to @Jeremy P - his expertise in the Development forum allowed these extra features to be possible.

Additionally, we have a glossary with useful terminology:

1691580850364.webp

Looks great Lee.

You have created some interesting and different looking features.

Good luck with your site, any awareness for anxiety and anxiety-based illnesses is a good cause. I look forward to seeing it grow and what other developments you come up with :)

One thing I noticed is the "Disaccosiation" forum, shouldn't it be Dissociation or Disassociation?

Looks great Lee.

You have created some interesting and different looking features.

Good luck with your site, any awareness for anxiety and anxiety-based illnesses is a good cause. I look forward to seeing it grow and what other developments you come up with :)

One thing I noticed is the "Disaccosiation" forum, shouldn't it be Dissociation or Disassociation?
Good spot, I am dyslexic so would never of noticed! Thank you :)

Thank you for the kind words, I know the theme is very "default" but I chose to keep it that way for ease of future upgrades and also because it does actually look very clean already out of the box.

I had a go at building an article management system using default XenForo tools, almost there:

I do have an licence for AMS by Bob, but I need that for another project and I like a challenge.

Article management index which is actually a page node:
IMG_1268.webp

and a category:

IMG_1269.webp

and the creation page, allowing users to override the default meta data:
IMG_1270.webp

I had a go at building an article management system using default XenForo tools, almost there:

I do have an licence for AMS by Bob, but I need that for another project and I like a challenge.
Me too, and I'm a big fan of doing things without addons where possible.

However one very useful addon for me that helped with articles was @BassMan's very simple Enhanced Search Forum Widget. You can have different types of article in different search forum widgets on your page but (unlike default xf search forums) they still display as article previews.

Last edited:
Pretty good forums you have there Lee. There's not really many forums, that talk about "Mental Health, well-being" side of thing's. Keep up the good work! It'll definitely pay off!

Top Bottom