1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another spammer question. And concern.

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by arcaneex, Aug 27, 2012.

1. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

I just kinda disabled registration , now it's only available to those who first auth through OpenID.
    And spammers still get in. WTF?!
    The registration form is fully empty , nothing there besides a redirect.
    How do they register?

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

They got in a few days ago ?

3. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

Registered 12 mins ago. The plugin ( registration only after auth through OpenID. ) was added 30+ mins.

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Maybe OID doesnt help ?
    XenUtiles and Q&A captcha help.
    Have you read all the spam threads ?

5. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

Got it wrong I guess. Okay so:
    There's no way to register , unless you are logging through OpenID ( Steam ) , the default signup page is blank and redirects you to the OpenID (steam) page , after that you put user and done. After that , login could be only done using the OpenID.
    The plugin was added 30+ mins ago. Topic posted 12 mins ago , can't check registration date ( can't find it ) altough I think he registered right before his post.

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know you were wanting to hide registration for the purpose of stopping spammers. That might not work. There are technical reasons why not. But basically you need to setup good Q&A questions or use an addon like XenUtiles.

7. arcaneex

arcaneex Active Member

It's not only that , I need to require my users to use OpenID anyway , so I thought I can kill two birds with one rock. Guess it didn't work well.