1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Plugin Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by psx, Jun 15, 2013.

1. psx

psx Active Member

Is there a way to stop people using proxies when signing up?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can prohibit registration from certain IP addresses by banning them, but there is nothing specific for proxies.

3. psx

psx Active Member

Where can I find the list of IP for proxies?

4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

csf (Configserver Services and Firewall) has the ability to block proxies but it's never 100%.

5. psx

psx Active Member

I kind of only want it for the forum, because when users get banned they create another account using proxy.

6. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

You are looking at hundreds of IP addresses for known proxy servers.

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

8. Arantor

Arantor Active Member

The only problem with proxies is that there are still an awful lot of mobile providers who put all their users underneath something that looks to the outside world like a proxy - so there's a decent chance you'll might be locking mobile users out.

9. Tracy Perry

Well, so far all that have been hitting me have been obvious attempts to spread spam. If they are a valid user, there is always the Contact Us link on the site.(y)
    StopCountrySpam primarily targets the transparent proxies.

10. psx

psx Active Member

11. abbychase

abbychase Active Member

12. Tracy Perry

His branded (read free) versions have a copyright at the bottom right. The unbranded bundles everything he has in a package that generates the copyright. The unbranded doesn't (and you can get the same full package of everything - which is what I did as it is a little cheaper).